Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2016 veloster turbo. I left my car parked outside for about a couple of weeks and when I returned and tried using my key fob, my car doesn't respond anymore. No lights blinking or sound. My key fob is still working fine and my car was responding to it just fine before. My key has a physical key, but it hasn't been cut yet so I can't even use it, so now I am locked out of my car. Is it that I haven't used my key fob for a couple of weeks and I have to reprogram it or is it that my car battery dead? Anyone ever experienced this?

·
Registered
2012 NAV, 2000 VMax
26 Posts
There is a battery in the key fob (CR2032 in mine .. pretty common battery) - Probably it needs to be replaced.
I have replaced mine a couple of times for my 2012.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a battery in the key fob (CR2032 in mine .. pretty common battery) - Probably it needs to be replaced.
I have replaced mine a couple of times for my 2012.
I'm for sure it's not the key fob, I replaced it and it still didn't work.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Look at the key !!! I am sure you're incorrect, it's probably just that you've not seen a key like that before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at the key !!! I am sure you're incorrect, it's probably just that you've not seen a key like that before.
Are you talking about the physical key that looks like it hasn't been cut? Because I tried using it but it won't go in the key hole so I thought I lucked out.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Are you talking about the physical key that looks like it hasn't been cut? Because I tried using it but it won't go in the key hole so I thought I lucked out.
Yes, that is the key, and the problem with the key not fitting has nothing to do with the lock, nor the key.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
the proxy keys are cut down the middle and not the sides. it should work either way you stick it in the lock. unless it is not cut at all.

can you start the car by pushing the start button with the fob?

do you have a second key/fob?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts