Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got in my 2019 Veloster Turbo and closed the driver's door and the back window shattered. Took it to the dealership and they are getting it fixed, but claim they hadn't heard of anything like this. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
491 Posts
whats the weather like out there?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Well, Hyundai might say that because it was usually the sunroof that was exploding in gen 1 models! And, it actually merited a recall! Not sure of your location, but if you are in the U.S. then please, please file a report on NHTSA.GOV. That's how the sunroof issue resulted in a recall. I'm glad the dealership is handling this and, hopefully, without charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

It took a couple of weeks, but I got my car back with the new rear glass. Dealer covered the repair under warranty. I hope this is a one-off and does not become a thing like the sunroofs on the previous body style.
1299B1B3-67D2-41A2-88F5-1F13491D1E94.jpeg

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Thanks for the update! Much better picture! I hope you still will file a NHSTA report, if you haven't already, because they only know about these things when people tell them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
cprimous
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing