Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a muffler delete and the cold start and cabin drone have been unbearable and I’m looking to install a muffler to the straight pipe that was made for my exhaust. I was wondering if anyone could give me the dimensions for the S-Type Borla exhaust system for the 2020 Veloster Turbo? I contacted them and they told me that they cannot give me any information on the size of the muffler and no universal mufflers would fit my Veloster.
If someone has the exhaust system from Borla and could generously give me the dimensions for the muffler that would be great.
I am currently looking to purchase this Magnaflow universal exhaust and I believe the dimensions would fit the 2020 Veloster Turbo. If anyone has any info on this topic please let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the reason I do not want to purchase an exhaust system is because I bought Akrapovic exhaust tips from AliExpress and had a y-pipe made for them to fit on my Veloster and I think it looks pretty nice. Pictures will be up soon once the weather gets better

·
Registered
240 Posts
The main body of the Borla is 10x10x6.

The in and out pipes are centered top to bottom and side to side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main body of the Borla is 10x10x6.

The in and out pipes are centered top to bottom and side to side.
Okay great! Thank you for the reply. In your opinion do you think that Magnaflow would fit on the Veloster?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't know. Depends on how much room your tips and y-pipe take up.

When I tried a muffler delete with my own tips (and didn't like it) I was going to try one of those tube style mufflers and put it inline.

I'll measure tomorrow and see how much room you have from tip of the tips to the point where you have to make the bend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know. Depends on how much room your tips and y-pipe take up.

When I tried a muffler delete with my own tips (and didn't like it) I was going to try one of those tube style mufflers and put it inline.

I'll measure tomorrow and see how much room you have from tip of the tips to the point where you have to make the bend.
Good point. Thank you let me know what you find out tomorrow

·
Registered
240 Posts

So here is what I was saying. That black crossmember in this pic is your hard stop. You've got approx 22" from tip of tips to that.

It bends upward towards the middle and there is enough of a channel for the pipe to go through before it bends.

You need to figure out if the overall length of your muffler, y-pipe and tips are less than 22".

One of the benefits of the Borla S-type is that the tips and the y-pipe are very compact. They're probably 10" combined with the 10" of the muffler giving a short overall package.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 132552

So here is what I was saying. That black crossmember in this pic is your hard stop. You've got approx 22" from tip of tips to that.

It bends upward towards the middle and there is enough of a channel for the pipe to go through before it bends.

You need to figure out if the overall length of your muffler, y-pipe and tips are less than 22".

One of the benefits of the Borla S-type is that the tips and the y-pipe are very compact. They're probably 10" combined with the 10" of the muffler giving a short overall package.

View attachment 132554
Okay perfect thank you! The muffler is only 12” overall length which would leave me with 10” for the y-pipe and tips. I will measure it today and see what the overall length with be with everything together.
Thanks so much for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts