Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'13 Turbo 6MT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit KDMTuners looking for a BOV and I'm right back into the same overthinking hell that I had with wheels and tires. Many different options, no way to tell which is best. KDMTuners alone lists Turbo XS, GFB, Forge Motorsport, multiple HKS, and GReddy. I've seen Turbosocks mentioned here, however I've also seen comments here dissing on them quite heavily.

Any way to prevent this? Thing runs rough and inconsistent enough as it is, at this point should probably just replace the MAP sensor and both O2 sensors (or one and then decat, depending on the precise results of that recent Supreme Court decision on the EPA).

Worth buying this thing straight away?

I looked up the cost of a new Elantra throttle body because Alaska junkyards are annoying, and good grief that thing's expensive. What I'm wondering is, will this K&N CAI fit with an Elantra throttle body? KDMTuners lists options from Injen and Forge Motorsport. Is there any benefit to combining a filter from one brand with pipework from another to really optimize?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,470 Posts
get a good known valve that works with our cars the GFB DVX is 100% compatible.

if i were to do it again, i would get a pierburg solenoid instead of the mac. mounting is messy and it seems not all of them are created equal?

the intake bolts to the turbo, the throttlebody is not in question at all. none of those options you list really matter - the piping is too small. i would opt for a tork big gulp or something 3 inch it's been proven for more power.

·
Registered
'13 Turbo 6MT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a good known valve that works with our cars the GFB DVX is 100% compatible.

if i were to do it again, i would get a pierburg solenoid instead of the mac. mounting is messy and it seems not all of them are created equal?

the intake bolts to the turbo, the throttlebody is not in question at all. none of those options you list really matter - the piping is too small. i would opt for a tork big gulp or something 3 inch it's been proven for more power.
Do you have a link for the Tork Big Gulp? It's not on their site anymore, just a 3.5" TMS intake with a 2-3 week build time that "Does not include a Re-circulation fitting for BOV's" (you'd know better than I would if that's a problem)

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,470 Posts
the 3.5 TMS is the big gulp.

if you go for the GFB DVX no need to recirc. the hose is irrelevant regardless even with the stock bov it doesn't need to feed back to the intake.

·
Registered
'13 Turbo 6MT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 3.5 TMS is the big gulp.

if you go for the GFB DVX no need to recirc. the hose is irrelevant regardless even with the stock bov it doesn't need to feed back to the intake.
Roger and roger, thanks again for your help, as usual I try to be the uber gearhead but drown with simple choices.

·
Registered
2015 VT Manual
625 Posts
Just my 2¢, but from my experience the catalytic converters are the biggest restrictors on these cars. Makes no sense allowing it to breathe better is it's exhaling through a clogged pipe. For a BOV, might look at the Turbosmart Kompact also. It's a direct bolt-on, rebuildable, and cheaper than the aforementioned one. I've had mine now over 5 years with no problems.

Thing runs rough and inconsistent enough as it is, at this point should probably just replace the MAP sensor and both O2 sensors (or one and then decat, depending on the precise results of that recent Supreme Court decision on the EPA).
All federal agencies are tyrannical and corrupt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts