Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo with a manual transmission and 62,000 miles. My problem started as a minor annoyance. I opened stepped on the gas, it started missing and the check engine light flashed. It would work fine up to about half throttle. If I accelerate too much, it would stumble or misses. I got a P0303 DTC, which means missing in cylinder #3. I had a similar problem in another car and I fixed it by changing spark plugs. I changed the spark plugs and it did not help. I added "fuel injector cleaner" to the tank. So far it has not helped. When I changed the plugs, I swapped the #3 and #4 coils, also the #1 and #2. The P0303 (not P0304) code came back. Sometimes I get P0301 and P0300, but usually it is P0303.

I had heard that city driving can lead to carbon build up. I took it out on the highway and did some hard acceleration. Now it is missing all the time. I used CRC throttle body and intake valve cleaner. I used the whole can per the directions. It didn't help.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

·
weekend racer
6,963 Posts
what kind of plugs did you put in? NGK iridium right? gapped to .028?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the plugs and checked the gaps. They were way off. Now it is running right. I should have been more careful when I first installed them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are Autolite iridium. Many times I checked the gap on new plugs and they were correct. This time I did not check and they were way off. I could not find my gap gage and had to get a new one. Its been a few days since I corrected the gaps and it is smooth and powerful.

·
weekend racer
6,963 Posts
make sure you order up the NGKs in advance, i have a feeling you'll be swapping them out soon ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts