Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 v with a 6 speed dual clutch auto. Intermittantly on upshifts from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4th trans will leave lower gear and not engage next gear for a few seconds. Has anyone else had this problem. thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Normal behavior. The transmission will not go into the next gear until it has it synchronized. Due to play in the transmission and changing conditions, it will not always have the next gear ready when you ask for it. If the transmission is taking too long to go into the next gear every single time you ask, then you have a problem. Once in a while, though, is normal. Don't call for a gear so soon after it shifts into the one you're in now.

Edit: To clarify, the transmission will stay in the lower gear until it's ready, so you are still accelerating. The gear indicated is the gear you requested, not the gear the transmission is in.

It would have been nice if the indicator was a little more clear, like an up or down arrow for indicating it's preparing to up/downshift while displaying the actual gear instead of displaying the requested gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal behavior. The transmission will not go into the next gear until it has it synchronized. Due to play in the transmission and changing conditions, it will not always have the next gear ready when you ask for it. If the transmission is taking too long to go into the next gear every single time you ask, then you have a problem. Once in a while, though, is normal. Don't call for a gear so soon after it shifts into the one you're in now.

Edit: To clarify, the transmission will stay in the lower gear until it's ready, so you are still accelerating. The gear indicated is the gear you requested, not the gear the transmission is in.

It would have been nice if the indicator was a little more clear, like an up or down arrow for indicating it's preparing to up/downshift while displaying the actual gear instead of displaying the requested gear.
thanks for your reply but i believe my description was poor. The problem that I have very intermittantly is in automatic. The trans will leave a gear and not go right into the next. Leaving it seemingly in neutral for a few seconds. Check engine light does not come on. It has happened so infrequently that I thought perhaps my foot had slipped off the gas pedal. I have had no problems in manuel shift mode. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh, that problem. Give it more gas. No, seriously. If you're light on the throttle at a particular point, the engine may take too long to spin down for the next gear, because it speedshifts on light throttle, but it also tries to engage smooth so it feels like an automatic. I've definitely experienced that, and the solution is to give it more welly and it'll sync right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts