Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does anyone knows where can I order the steering wheel for a manual 2012 veloster? If possible with international shipping :/

·
Registered
287 Posts
EBay would also be a good source for an OEM wheel.
I've bought several Hyundai OEM parts from ebay brand new at some very good pricing.

Good luck with your find. ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
I tried both, nothing :/

And nothing in ebay, there was one weeks ago but it is sold out and the store does not has more. I can get an used one but it looks like a little weared down.

Does someone knows a contact in South korea? Do this old parts continue being produced?

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
That Gangnamparts Ships from SK
Just an FYI, You can have the wheel rewrapped

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found one in ebay, but it looks strangely black, the decals in particular

And mine looks like:
is this a different version? Or just white balance/illumination issues?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My second question for veloster experts is if the Color difference are only the trims or the plastic is different too :/

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
My second question for veloster experts is if the Color difference are only the trims or the plastic is different too :/
It's impossible to know from a picture. That's why you are questioning it! Lighting, etc., doesn't matter so much as this is supposed to be leather and not plastic. From the get go in 2012, many owners had to have steering wheel covers replaced because of peeling. I didn't. Now it seems if I just ding the steering wheel with a fingernail it takes a piece of it out! Still minor, not peeling, just aging.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have the same as you. If I scratch it a little I get little pieces of the leather, and it is a bit sticky so that is why I would love that R-SPEC one in my veloster, but I am wondering if is going to look too off having black decals and maybe different color plastics :/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the end I ordered it. He sent me pictures and it looks too new to not buy for less than 150 USD. My hyundai dealer here charged me 1600 USD lol for a new one. If the color is too off I will change the plastic buttons :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts