Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a compression test on my 2013 non turbo. 3 cylinders are about 80 the fourth was 59. Does anyone know the safe compression for this engine. Losing oil consumption and power loss. Dealer says it's with-in the limits for oil loss. 2.2 quarts in 3000 miles. Car only has 44000 miles. Thanks if anyone can help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's far out of spec for a compression test, compression shouldn't vary that much between cylinders. If need be, ask the dealer to perform the compression test as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's far out of spec for a compression test, compression shouldn't vary that much between cylinders. If need be, ask the dealer to perform the compression test as well.
Thanks,have appt on Nov 1st at dealer. I believe the compression test was correct. Very little power.i will let you know.thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not sure what the compression ration of the non-turbo motors is. I'd ventuer it's well above 8:1 that the turbos use. Normally, an 8:1 motor will read 125PSI, and there should never be more than 10% variation between any 2 cylinders.

Also - the dealer sounds like they are full of $hit. I've had engines with almost 200,000 miles (big block V-8s from the 70s) and they did not use a drop of oil in 3,000 miles. 2.2 quarts is over half the capacity of this motor. Absolutely in no universe is that normal consumption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts