Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have upgraded license plate lights I bought from ya'll. It is better, but I have a dark space between the light cast by the two bulbs. Annoying, but whatever.

Then it hit me recently.. I should take the license plate light bulbs out, leave them out and buy a ~12" white LED strip and place just above the license plate. That would probably look good, and give proper full plate coverage. I figured I'd drill a hole in the factory license plate light lens to pass the power wires through then figure some way to hook it up there. To that end, I don't suppose there is such a product as something with a bulb end on one side to plug into the factory socket and a +12V/gnd on the other end? That'd be awesome as I'd prefer not to chop/tap the factory wiring.

Something like this:

I'm assuming not, but figured I'd check just in case. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Your posts often make me go out to look at my car! I turned the lights on to see how the tag lights worked. Two lights at each corner and the 3 characters on the left well lit as were the three characters on the right. Not really all that dim in the middle. And that's without anyone's headlights shining on my backside! I'd say leave it alone and, if your "" was LED's which aren't necessarily as bright, go back to the standard lights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My stock bulbs had the same problem with being dim in the middle. The LEDs are brighter, but with that same darkness. Lemme grab my camera and go take a shot:

The middle is markedly darker than the edges. Moreso in person. For comparison, this was the tag on my BMW:

See the difference? No, it's not really critical but it still annoys me heh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts