Veloster Forum banner

441 - 460 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
P1030053 copy.jpg
A little souvenir from Afghanistan.
Home invaders, beware! If this doesn't stop you, Molly the Greyhound ...(won't, either)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a short list and maybe one day will post pictures.

CZ75 SP01
1944 Mosin Nagant
And two stripped ar15 lowers I’ll be building within the month.

Wife has a Springfield 1911 deluxe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
OMG how did i forget about this?

i have a full size and shield M&P 9mm, both have the apex trigger upgrades. love my pistols. thousands of rounds through each of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Let's protect kids first, and then guns. Certainly the feelings here in Broward County are raw after 17 folks killed with an assault weapon on Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day. Let that sink in. Guns. Kids. Which do you love more?

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's a flawed logic. It's not one or the other. You're basically shutting down any conversation with statements like that.

This was a clear case of a person that had numerous instances and incidents which screamed I'm mentally ill and capable of violence . Yet our system so concerned about insulting someone or hurting their feelings, failed to have this person mentally evaluated, and even if they had, our mental health system is so inadequate and under-funded, that there's little that could've been done.

There's plenty of gun laws out there. Taking away everyone's rights for the acts of a few is absurd. People in this country who suffer from mental illness are not treated until they commit criminal acts and then they're locked up, not treated. Look at Sandy Hook, the Aurora Theater shooting, and now this one. All of these actors shared the same thing. They all displayed symptoms of mental illness and violent tendencies, yet nothing was done to prevent them from acting out their evil intent.

In Chicago (among numerous other democratic cities) there are daily massacres involving high school aged kids, but nobody talks about it, and they have the strictest laws in the country. But the circumstances governing those places are completely different and sociological in nature.

Don't get me wrong, I have kids of my own and would be devastated if that happened to us, but I also recognize the importance of our second amendment and it's power in keeping tyrannical politicians from doing us harm. I'm for adding better vetting procedures in regards to gun sales and mentally ill applicants, but taking away everyone's AR-15 isn't going to solve the problem.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I am not against guns. Like I said, protect kids first and then guns. I'm not saying one or the other. I'm not saying take guns away but I see no reason for assault weapons. Why isn't a regular rifle or handgun more than enough protection? Look how many folks died in 3 incidents in Las Vegas, Orlando, and Newtown. The body count without an assault weapon could never have been that high.

As for tyrannical politicians doing us harm? What do you think the NRA funded politicians are? They won't consider ANY gun reform legislation that would protect kids -- just guns. No GOP support for better background checks or information databases between states. Nor will they allow the CDC to study gun violence! THAT IS TYRANNICAL. Assault weapons have no place in our society. They aren't needed except in war. And K-12 and colleges are not supposed to be ground zero!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
"Assault weapons" account for about 5% of gun crime according to the Brady Center, and around 2% of deaths.

Crimes are committed with guns owned by the perpetrator between 3 and 15% of the time (conflicting data sources).

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
"Assault weapons" account for about 5% of gun crime according to the Brady Center, and around 2% of deaths.

Crimes are committed with guns owned by the perpetrator between 3 and 15% of the time (conflicting data sources).
Percentages/statistics are always going to be low numbers when you have a population of 325 million people. If you kill 1,000 people tonight that won't even be 1/100th of a percent. But I think we'd all agree that even 10 would be a horrific number of people killed! Percentages and real deaths are not the same.

We need to discuss school safety. Like hardening the school to shootings. If you tell me your school practices for shootings then you have a real problem! Classrooms should have gunshot proof windows in their doors like banks have for tellers! Simple, right? And classrooms should be locked and unlockable from within in case the perp is inside the room. Classroom changes monitored by staff and resource officers (off duty cops) to make sure no one is in the halls to begin with! We don't need more guns, we just need to be smarter.

I'm hoping this thread can be a useful discussion without name calling, etc. We need to all be able to talk. We're seeing over and over again that divisiveness is ruining our country. We're beyond being able to talk to one another without name calling, crucifying, and heckling. Those things serve no one but the folks who want us to be divided. And most of the time, I think we all agree. Love our kids, let them grow up......no one is in favor of senseless killings.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my "gun" is the single most effective weapon a nation state could ever deploy..

Information...

Ohh BTW, the term "Assault Weapon" is wrong, the term is "Assault Rifle" and as they are all designed to give each individual infantryman the basic firepower of a WW2 platoon.
it's no wonder the shootings recently using these weapons have become as horribly efficient as they are.. useless for home defense unless you are attacked by a SWAT team or a squad of marines, a shotgun is FAR more effective for defending your home from intruders (as the US military uses them in urban combat situations) However, I have no problem with military collectors having properly licensed Assault Rifles...as for me,my phone and my trusty shotgun is all I need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm hoping this thread can be a useful discussion without name calling, etc. We need to all be able to talk. We're seeing over and over again that divisiveness is ruining our country. We're beyond being able to talk to one another without name calling, crucifying, and heckling. Those things serve no one but the folks who want us to be divided. And most of the time, I think we all agree. Love our kids, let them grow up......no one is in favor of senseless killings.
That is not what this thread is about. Instead of doing your typical hijacking of a thread to push your anti gun agenda like you have in the past, start a different thread about securing schools if that is what you truly want to discuss. That is not what this thread is for.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That is not what this thread is about. Instead of doing your typical hijacking of a thread to push your anti gun agenda like you have in the past, start a different thread about securing schools if that is what you truly want to discuss. That is not what this thread is for.
This is a Veloster forum. And, Trickster, I hear you. I know this thread is "off topic". But why can't you gun enthusiasts post your guns on a gun forum instead of a car forum? If I were to post an off topic subject of Veloster on an NRA forum would that fly? And some of us use words as our "guns" because we don't live in so much fear of danger that we have to arm ourselves otherwise. You're just scared and I get that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a Veloster forum. And, Trickster, I hear you. I know this thread is "off topic". But why can't you gun enthusiasts post your guns on a gun forum instead of a car forum? If I were to post an off topic subject of Veloster on an NRA forum would that fly? And some of us use words as our "guns" because we don't live in so much fear of danger that we have to arm ourselves otherwise. You're just scared and I get that.
Are you done trying to hijack this thread and making a fool of yourself. You hijacked this thread using a topic that had nothing to do with the Veloster so stop being a hypocrite.
I used a gun as a tool for over 30 years as a Police Officer, not because I was scared but because I understood that evil exist in the world and it was my job to confront it. Along the way I learned to enjoy the shooting sports. I also ran across many people like you that can't emotionally handle irrational fears and feel that other people shouldn't have or even discuss things that they are afraid of. Ever think that your irrational fears are what compels you to hijack any thread that mentions guns?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Are you done trying to hijack this thread and making a fool of yourself. You hijacked this thread using a topic that had nothing to do with the Veloster so stop being a hypocrite.
I used a gun as a tool for over 30 years as a Police Officer, not because I was scared but because I understood that evil exist in the world and it was my job to confront it. Along the way I learned to enjoy the shooting sports. I also ran across many people like you that can't emotionally handle irrational fears and feel that other people shouldn't have or even discuss things that they are afraid of. Ever think that your irrational fears are what compels you to hijack any thread that mentions guns?
A Broward Sheriff's Office school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas since 2009 stood in the stairwell next to the building where students were being shot and DID NOTHING! He was the best armed and best protected person on that campus. Others without weapons or protection rushed in to protect the students and died trying. Not that police officer who'd worked at that school since 2009! He got called out on that yesterday and retired with benefits without doing his job.

441 - 460 of 478 Posts
About this Discussion
477 Replies
104 Participants
Incognito
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing