Veloster Forum banner

421 - 440 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts

Finally got the Alien Gear holster - GREAT fit and finish, uber comfy to carry all day long, conceals well, and is hands down the most comfortable holster i've ever carried IWB. and for 35 bucks? SOLD. buying more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I still have no idea why an off topic section is needed. It tends be controversial and divisive -- even when I agree with the off topic. My stance is not about the subject but off topic period. If you want to discuss something besides the Veloster then go somewhere else to discuss.
But where else can you go and talk about guns with other Veloster owners. Hmmm here on this forum. Nothing you say will erase this forum. There is nothing wrong with talking about guns or showing pictures of your guns or talking about alcohol. The only thing that is crossing the bounds is sharing a story about a time you shot or handled your guns while intoxicated or pointed your guns at your friend and pretended to kill him as a joke. But I'm not finding any of that here so just stop looking at this Topic and move on because it's not going anywhere as long as nobody ruins it for everybody else. And the only contention I have seen is with you. I think it is awesome that you have forums to talk about Veloster related topics only but also have a Off Topic Section to talk about other things with other Veloster Owners.

What if I wanted to ask other Veloster owners where they store their gun in the car so I you can have fast and easy access to it when needed. Is that over stepping the bounds in your opinion. Because we are still talking about Velosters. Anyways that's my rant even though this was posted years ago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts

Finally got the Alien Gear holster - GREAT fit and finish, uber comfy to carry all day long, conceals well, and is hands down the most comfortable holster i've ever carried IWB. and for 35 bucks? SOLD. buying more.
I've heard a few people talk about that holster as well and also have heard nothing but good things about it. I should pick one up, just got an M&P Shield as well to replace my full size M&P as my daily carry, so I'll grab one of these and see how I like it. Like you said, can't beat $35!

Nice AR. Check out the CZ P07 (compact) and P09 (full-size). Outstanding little plastic guns - the P09 is pretty close to a plastic SP01 with modernized lines.
I've shot the CZ SP01, loved that gun more than my M&P, but for the price I couldn't justify the purchase. M&P I got for $425, CZ was minimum $675-700, and the M&P was pretty close in terms of comfort and reliability for me :)

View attachment 82473

9mm Smith and Wesson Shield with a holster from warthoggear.com with the Carbon Fiber finish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's a pretty sweet holster, I like the way that looks!

Like I suggested above, I just bought a S&W M&P Shield 9mm, which is now my daily carry - for the most part. I still pull my full size out if I'm going around town and open carrying, but if I'm going to work, I roll with the shield now because it's much easier to conceal and much lighter.

Also bought my wife a Ruger SR22. Great little gun with no kick (I mean, it is a 22 after all :D) and works perfect for her. Easily concealable, easy to shoot for her, and gives her some form of protection.

And lastly, just bought all the pieces online to start my Zombie AR build. Anderson complete upper with 16" steel barrel in 1/8 twist, primary arms red dot, all for $350, not a bad price. Bought the Spikes Tactical Zombie lower, Spikes tactical lower kit, and a generic 6 position stock. Still need to buy my Zombie Outbreak Response Team grip to replace the one that comes with the lower kit, as well as my engraved charging handle, but otherwise I should be able to start assembly by Thursday, I'm stoked :D

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Just got my first handgun from the gun show here in fl not too long ago, Springfield xd9.

ive got a Remington .302, ruger 22, and a nock off Remington 870

going next Saturday to get my concealed

·
Registered
928 Posts
Really disappointed going through this thread. Only because of the draconian laws in this country I've had to hand back most of the decent firearms. Used to love comp shooting (IPSC) and going to the range. Anyway, seeing a number of you with AR15 and modifying them, thought I would post this (old) video. Made a lot of sense especially if you have intentions in heavily modifying your rifle.

And this because I'm a big fan of Jerry and love the Barrett:

·
Registered
139 Posts
My first AR I bought was $625 after tax, Bushmaster XM15 ORC. Slapped a Bushnell TRS-25 on it and called it a day. I knew if I wanted a modded gun I needed to build one, which is what I'm doing now :D

My new Zombie AR that I'm building is sitting at $550 right now, and that's the fully complete cost. I'm going to replace the grip that came with the lower parts kit, and replace the charging handle on the upper which came complete, but even then I'm still under $600. Definitely cheaper to build from the ground up!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Really disappointed going through this thread. Only because of the draconian laws in this country I've had to hand back most of the decent firearms. Used to love comp shooting (IPSC) and going to the range.
There is plenty of room here in the USA for ya, buddy. ;)
Bearing ArmsHero Concealed Carrier Shoots Carjacker, Saves Woman - Bearing Arms

Any chance this Veloster owner/driver frequents this board? if so, my hat's off to you brother...Nice work.
I dunno...it looks kind of dangerous from the angle he cahsed the car, there is a good chance he could have hit the woman holding onto the hood. It's great that it turned out the way it did.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I dunno...it looks kind of dangerous from the angle he cahsed the car, there is a good chance he could have hit the woman holding onto the hood. It's great that it turned out the way it did.
Yeah I thought the same thing, very risky.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really disappointed going through this thread. Only because of the draconian laws in this country I've had to hand back most of the decent firearms. Used to love comp shooting (IPSC) and going to the range. Anyway, seeing a number of you with AR15 and modifying them, thought I would post this (old) video. Made a lot of sense especially if you have intentions in heavily modifying your rifle.
Built my AR for under $600 all in, and I'm happy with it - 'upgraditis' is something of a danger with them, but I knew that going in. Part of why I love the platform is the cottage industry in accessories and upgrades that has sprung up around it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just got this baby today. Traded my .357 for it. It's a canik by centry arms 9mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Did somebody say Guns?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

LOL!!! Just me, wifey & my son doing a silly pic :p
Looks like .17HMR LOL. The guy in the background is spoiling the photo :D

^^^I wish

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
love that wilson...nice shooting gun. Shot a canik recently too, had ZERO complaints about that thing.
I went in looking to get the Walter ccp and saw this and after looking at it and finding out what all it came with for the price I was sold. Can't wait to shoot it. I like this better than the hk's and Sig I use to have.

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
taking the class for my LTC A on the 16th... then the paperwork part happens. wish me luck :)

421 - 440 of 478 Posts
About this Discussion
477 Replies
104 Participants
Incognito
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing