Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Hyundai Veloster ,114,000 miles.

Having an issue with my left low beam light not working? My right low beam works fine and so do the high beams. About two months ago I was getting a lot of intermittent flickering from inside the dashboard to my headlights. Turning on the headlights as I was driving the lights would flicker (dashboard too) off and on as they weren't really "on" and eventually would turn off. And eventually my left low beam stopped working too. So from fixing the "flickering" light and the bulb being out , I looked for solutions. A lot of people said it was the combination switch and that it could just be bad so I went online and bought one. I replace the combination switch and assuming the problems would go away, only the "flickering" did. I fixed one, but my left low beam is still out. I've check the fuses and they look fine, change the bulb and still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I do have a multimeter if that can help anything.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
you've done some good work and we appreciate that!

how does the bulb socket look? is there any rhyme or reason to the flickering, ie bumps in the road... if you're sitting in your driveway does it happen.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you've done some good work and we appreciate that!

how does the bulb socket look? is there any rhyme or reason to the flickering, ie bumps in the road... if you're sitting in your driveway does it happen.
I would say the bulb socket is the standard oem, but before I fix the flickering, even just sitting in the driveway the headlights would flicker. Since I change the combination switch there is no more flickering from the headlight or dashboard. Just my left low beam not coming on anymore.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
may be worthwhile to check the voltage at both low beam sockets if you are able. shake and bend the wires too.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
may be worthwhile to check the voltage at both low beam sockets if you are able. shake and bend the wires too.
I was able to check the ohms and continuity on both low beam sockets. Both low beam sockets seem to get a .6 reading on ohms while using 200 on the multimeter. While there is continuity with them both to. Then with the car off I check the connectors using DC (20) and seem to be getting a steady 12v. Also checking "tail lamp rh" and "tail lamp lh" fuses both readings were 0 and also continuity. Last I attach everything back and the left low beam still wasn't working. I am thinking it might be the bulbs but i am not entirely sure. The headlights bulb are a "
Philips Automotive Lighting H7 Standard Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb, 2 Pack, white
", I bought it off from amazon. Anything I might be missing let me know . Thanks

· Registered
399 Posts
If your right low beam bulb works, did you try swapping bulbs between sides?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts