Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance we might get some LED turn signals out to replace the regular amber bulbs?

·
Registered
112 Posts
What about the 27 PY27W turn signals, i was looking for them too in smd led bulbs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah! Here is the link you will need: 1156 27-5050 SMD (pair)
Let me know if you have any further questions!
Michelle
Thanks Michelle! I was under the impression these would be easy plug n' play, but I see there's a Hyperblink Fix in there. Can you give us more info about which resistor or flasher we need?

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
Turn Signals: Yep! You will need the 3157 size (3 different options depending on what you want) 3156 / 3157 - Listed by Size - LED Bulbs

Resistor vs Flasher: It depends on the vehicle to fix the hyperblink. We know for this vehicle you need to order the resistor, this process involves two wire splices and should take about ten minutes. Here is a diagram to do that if you want to take a look before hand: http://www.diodedynamics.com/install/resistorinstall.jpg. Hope that helps!

-Michelle

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
stupid question...just the traditional resistors correct?

if so I will order 2 sets tomorrow...

·
Registered
622 Posts
so which bulb do i choose to purchase from the site? any install pics if its not a direct plug and play.
From any site,

1156 for your signals front and back + requisite resistors.

1157 for brake lights.

H7 for high beams and low beams

194 for your front and rear side markers.

921 for reverse lights.

I strongly suggest getting high powered LEDs for the signals if you want to maintain the same level of output during the day, standard power on brakes and reverse are more then powerful enough.

I'll update this post with what wires you need to splice for the front signals.

Also, you CAN'T replace the LED strip in the fronts unless you feel like opening up the assembly, so if you want that Audi style system you'll have to crack open the housings or buy Turbo based ones.

For installing resistors to the front;

The passenger side wires you need to splice are the Red/Orange striped one and on the drivers side it is the Blue/Red striped one - any black will do for your ground wire on each side.

For the rear it is simple because the bulbs have their own individual wiring and you can install easily.

If the resistors don't work and you still get hyper flash don't worry, just change the direction/order of wiring. I nailed it on my drivers side but had to reverse which end of the resistor went to ground and which went to the striped wire.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks Victorious Secret, sounds really complicated already haha... I want to direct replacement of bulbs like the low/high beams and fog lights. Also, i really need to comment on the pic you uploaded to the September Contest, the first shot show the rear is just PERFECT lol...composition, colour, lighting is dead on. Loved that pic a lot but didnt want to hijack that thread. I'm trying to find a similar location like that here in Toronto. Good stuff, stock FTW:)

From any site,

1157 for brake lights.

921 for reverse lights.

I strongly suggest getting high powered LEDs for the signals if you want to maintain the same level of output during the day, standard power on brakes and reverse are more then powerful enough.

I'll update this post with what wires you need to splice for the front signals.

Also, you CAN'T replace the LED strip in the fronts unless you feel like opening up the assembly, so if you want that Audi style system you'll have to crack open the housings or buy Turbo based ones.

For installing resistors to the front;

The passenger side wires you need to splice are the Red/Orange striped one and on the drivers side it is the Blue/Red striped one - any black will do for your ground wire on each side.

For the rear it is simple because the bulbs have their own individual wiring and you can install easily.

If the resistors don't work and you still get hyper flash don't worry, just change the direction/order of wiring. I nailed it on my drivers side but had to reverse which end of the resistor went to ground and which went to the striped wire.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks Victorious Secret, sounds really complicated already haha... I want to direct replacement of bulbs like the low/high beams and fog lights. Also, i really need to comment on the pic you uploaded to the September Contest, the first shot show the rear is just PERFECT lol...composition, colour, lighting is dead on. Loved that pic a lot but didnt want to hijack that thread. I'm trying to find a similar location like that here in Toronto. Good stuff, stock FTW:)
Haha it's just a fair bit of work, I haven't actually attacked my front end. Yet since I need some quality time to take it all apart.

Rear end was quite easy, 2 screws and some wiggling and it all comes out.

Aha thanks man, that location is near our city center airport. The lots always deserted it makes for some nice shots

·
Registered
8 Posts
Resistors required for each light?

The reason I ask is that on my motorcycle it was 1 resistor per side of the circuit..
tho flasher relays are easier..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! =)

From that list :

1157 for brake lights.

921 for reverse lights.
___
where did these come in.. now im confused.. im getting my VT tomorrow

am I ordering 1156 or 3156 for front and back signals..?

Turn Signals: Yep! You will need the 3157 size (3 different options depending on what you want) 3156 / 3157 - Listed by Size - LED Bulbs

3156 27-5050 SMD (pair) - 3156 / 3157 - Listed by Size - LED Bulbs

·
Registered
622 Posts
Below is a direct link to our store where you can purchase Hyundai Veloster Front turn signals
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2012-2013 Hyundai Veloster Front Turn Signal LEDs

-Garrick
Best to use DD especially if you're getting interior lights as well, one order for all your needs!

I installed my interior stage 3 kit and apart from needing some more double sided tape for a few of the lights they work wonderfully!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts