Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some LED's (low beam)for my son's 13 NAV. These lights have fans and an external driver. I have them installed with the factory harness outside of the headlamp housing with no dust cap installed right now. I did a search in this section but can't seem to find anyone saying what they did about the dust cap. I can cut a groove in the cap for the wires to pass through and install the cap but I'm not sure about possible moisture issues. If this has been covered please don't flame me! I really did look first. Also please post the thread if you know where it is.

·
weekend racer
7,540 Posts
i'd opt for a home depot grommet and possibly a little bit of food grade silicon to keep moisture out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have some large rubber grommets in my shop! I'll have to look into that. My biggest concern with moisture is fogging on the inside of the headlight lens.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I found some extended dust covers on alieexpress that pop on and stick out further to give more room for the fan and canbus, etc. I can't find which ones I ordered but the opening was 81mm I believe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some extended dust covers on alieexpress that pop on and stick out further to give more room for the fan and canbus, etc. I can't find which ones I ordered but the opening was 81mm I believe
If you happen to find an item number or part number please let me know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just found them...there's lots out there, I was wrong, it was 83mm, not 81mm, I ordered the 83-1mm caps as they looked like they would give a little more space inside for the whole LED headlamp assembly. They are still working. I did have to do a little trimming and sealing with silicone to make a complete waterproof seal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your suggestion and the link to the item got me looking and I found these on Ebay. I'm going to measure my original caps to see if these will work. It looks like it leaves plenty of room for everything and I can just drill the cap the size of the round connector for the lights then slide the round connector through and seal with silicone.
Thanks for looking and finding the link!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If the diameter works, those might be even better with the twist lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You Probably Already figured it out! But for anyone that is visiting this forum, you can do what this guy did in this video and still retain the OEM dust cap. I am not a hundred percent sure about the heat being trapped inside but should be fine with the fan on...

This way you save space by removing the Original adapter...
However, if you have an external large driver, which is not typical for the new H7 leds then the solutions above will also deliver!

Hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts