Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to the site and have been trying to find sone posts regards tge issue I am having on my Veloster.
The LED headlights flicker and for some reason this occurs more when the radio is on. They seem to flicker in tine with the music somewhat. Turn the radio down and they stop flickering.
Also noticed reversing camera flicker also when radio volume is up. Turn down volume and flickering stops.
Dealer iscat a loss as to the cause of the problem, they have replaced the radio unit and alternator with no success.
Any information on this would be much appreciated.
TIA Ross

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ross, one thing to check for is poor ground connections. A loose grounding point can cause all sorts of goofy intermittent problems. I don't have a service manual in front of me, but maybe do a search for Veloster ground locations and check them all over to make sure they are not loose or corroded. Might be one behind the dash, if the radio is causing the issue for 2 normally unrelated items, like the DRL's and camera. There are numerous grounding points under the hood and all over the car

·
weekend racer
6,487 Posts
welcome to the club! i second checking the grounds. i'd start with the ones in the engine bay, maybe pull the bolts and scuff the mounting surface up a bit as well as the wire end. then bolt it back together and seal with nail polish or a paint pen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts