Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my 2013 veloster NA has been making this pretty loud almost knocking noise, it’s a lot louder when it’s cold but it’s too the point where I don’t know if it’s harmful to the motor or if anyone else has had this problem. I have a video of the noise but not sure how to upload it here

·
Registered
708 Posts
Have you not yet secured a new PCV valve and replaced the one on your engine? What you're now referencing may be an additional symptom of you existing problem. Like I said earlier, you should probably start looking for another car, and I still maintain that you appear to be way over your head in dealing with the problems you are having with this car. Sorry, I don't want to appear to be over critical, but what is: is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I located a new pcv valve Thursday and replaced it. The old one still made a noise when shaking but I did see some sludge on it so I went ahead and replaced that plus a new air filter.

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
upload the video to youtube and link here.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep, I would say running it at times with only a little oil has damaged the engine and that knock is evidence of the damage.
Like I said.
Start looking for a new car.
Your Veloster is toast.
Sorry buddy, I know this isn't something you want to hear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts