Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 veloster. I have always left fob in purse, tossed purse in trunk, when I closed trunk the doors unlocked. Could start car with keys in purse in trunk. 6 months ago, I put purse w keys in trunk, closed trunk, doors did NOT unlock and trunk did lock so I was locked out. I KNOW, dont throw keys in car, but it's a hard habit to break after 8.5 yrs! So I ask WHY suddenly now I can close trunk and be locked out?? To to Hyundai, they couldnt find the problem and charged me $100. Batteries in fobs changed twice. I feel it must be a sensor? Any ideas?????

·
Registered
16 VT
1,090 Posts
I feel the trunk should stay unlocked. They can check those sensors at dealer but sometimes staff is unaware how to use GDS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel the trunk should stay unlocked. They can check those sensors at dealer but sometimes staff is unaware how to use GDS.
I agree, the trunk should stay unlocked. Thanks for your input, I may take it back and ask them to try again. Would that also affect that I cant start it anymore while keys are in trunk? I used to be able to.

I own a 2013 veloster. I have always left fob in purse, tossed purse in trunk, when I closed trunk the doors unlocked. Could start car with keys in purse in trunk. 6 months ago, I put purse w keys in trunk, closed trunk, doors did NOT unlock and trunk did lock so I was locked out. I KNOW, dont throw keys in car, but it's a hard habit to break after 8.5 yrs! So I ask WHY suddenly now I can close trunk and be locked out?? To to Hyundai, they couldnt find the problem and charged me $100. Batteries in fobs changed twice. I feel it must be a sensor? Any ideas?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts