Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went to Best buy and bought a remote start for my 2012 Hyundai Veloster. After the technician went to flash the module he found that the only firmware was available for push start not key turn. I even contacted the Hyundai dealer and they said the same that they was not able to get firmware for key turn. Has anyone here ever installed a remote start on your Veloster that does not have push start?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
i have put a viper remote start in BOTH my 2012 base nav 6 speed with a key, and 2014 base turbo 6 speed with push start. same viper...

it's a viper/directed 5x06 brain with a 7756v remote, idatalink alca unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a automatic. Guy at best buy said they won't install viper because it cause to many issues with vehicles. Does the viper model not have to be programmed with car specific firmware?

·
Registered
07 WRX, 70 VW Fastback
605 Posts
No, vipres are splice in or more recently obd2 plugin. Basically a standalone leech. Best buy doesn't install them because some oems actively reject vipre and a few other systems to prevent oem computer issues.

Effectively like apple and microsoft software/hardware coexistence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help. I'll look into this. I had originally bought the viper system and when it came time for the appointment the tech said that no dealer will put that in so I returned it and got the compustar but then was told that couldn't go in either.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
a viper alarm and an auto would most likely require LESS wiring than my manual car. so silly. they are flawless! i've only once had to reset the brain completely, but the datalink retains info/programming. and i've had to reprogram keys when i change the battery. all easy stuff.

much much nicer than the BS one (i can't remember the brand) i had in my 09 jetta manual. that one was a basketcase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts