Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is going on here guys?? I have a 2012 nav m/t with the style and tech package. The only things I've added was led headlights and led bulbs all around, and a aftermarket amp and subwoofer. The electrical is done correctly. 12v amp wire to the battery, and the ground to the bare metal of the trunk. No problems with the audio other than the radio doesn't turn off when I shut off the car and get out like it's supposed to. And the key fobs worked normally then one night they stopped working, so I unhooked the battery overnight and in the morning hooked it back up and they worked again. Then today they stopped working again after I got to work. I unhooked the battery again tonight. I'm pretty sure they must be related.

Please help.

I have a warranty but I I don't want to trouble because of my led headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Just put in some new fresh batteries (and check the expiration date on the package -- you don't want old batteries). I have a 2012 also and had the issues you are having now. I replaced the batteries (both fobs) and have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put in some new fresh batteries (and check the expiration date on the package -- you don't want old batteries). I have a 2012 also and had the issues you are having now. I replaced the batteries (both fobs) and have not had an issue since.
I changed the batteries, still not working. And my radio stays on all the time unless I manually shut it off or unhook the battery.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I suggest to disconnect the amp and subwoofer and see if that corrects the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,, so the problem fixed itself for a few days, then this morning it returned. No key fob functions and radio doesn't turn off when I opened the door, I had to pull the fuse for the radio when I parked my car for work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Though this was a while back, did you ever find a fix? The same thing just started happening to me and I can't wrap my head around what could be happening. I had an amp and sub but they're all disconnected now and yet everything stays on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts