Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says to hold the button down to open the hatch but all mine does is make the lights blink. Anyone know what's wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
393 Posts
It doesn't pop open like most cars, it just unlocks it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, Gotcha! Thanks for that. I was so confused trying to figure that one out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just stand by the trunk with your fob in you pocket and press the button.... Confirmed it works.... I'm so gonna get spoiled by the smartkey lol

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I think you can also program the car to unlock everything with one press of the button.

·
Banned
767 Posts
What's the point though because you can just hit the unlock button and it does the same thing?
Here's the difference:

Using the UNLOCK button:
You have to press the UNLOCK button twice to unlock the hatch. But then all the doors are unlocked and you will have to press the LOCK button to lock all the doors (and the hatch)

Using the HATCH button:
You press and hold the HATCH button to unlock just the hatch. The doors stay locked. Then, when you close the hatch, it automatically locks the hatch.

So you either press the UNLOCK button twice and then have to press LOCK or just press and hold the HATCH button one time.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
95 Posts
I was confused at first too and thought there was an issue with the remote. Kinda sucks that it does not pop but oh well.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Here's another reason it doesn't "pop" the hatch and why I prefer it just unlocks.

Hatch popps: if you accidentally pressed the button, or pressed the button, got distracted and forgot to open the hatch, then the hatch would be unlocked if you walked away. Your hatch is now open for a thief to access your car.

Hatch unlocks: if you accidentally pressed the button, or pressed the button, got distracted and forgot to open the hatch, then the hatch would relock after a few seconds just like the doors do if you unlock then but don't open them. Your hatch is now secure and a thief could not access your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It took me two years to learn about the button in the center console for the foot lighting and then now three years to learn about all the buttons on the key. Lol

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
That only works for people with the SmartKey. Those with just a regular key and fob have to push the button on the fob.
Not sure why in 8 years of ownership I never got the difference! Thanks for the clear and simple explanation!

·
Registered
905 Posts
The problem as I see it is that some individuals unknowingly conflate the terms "unlock" and "open" as being interchangeable. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts