Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my key fob battery because my horn stopped chirping when I lock it. I’ve checked all the doors, hood & hatch. And the panic button works. I even tried resetting it by pressing both buttons @ the same time. It stopped working shortly after changing my headlight bulb. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
300 Posts
I just replaced my key fob battery because my horn stopped chirping when I lock it. I’ve checked all the doors, hood & hatch. And the panic button works. I even tried resetting it by pressing both buttons @ the same time. It stopped working shortly after changing my headlight bulb. Any ideas?
If your horn actually works when you press the horn button on the steering wheel that's good.
When you replaced the battery you should've gone a bit further with taking it apart.
The buttons have a carbon pad on the inside of the rubberized cover that makes and completes a circuit on the key fob circuit board.
Having worked on many key fobs these carbon pads get dirty and all kinds of gunk on them and keeps them from making contact.
Take a Q-tip and some alcohol to the pad to clean off all of the gunk. Use a pencil eraser to clean the circuit board contact. Wipe clean.
Let it dry, put it back together again, and it should work.
Most key fobs are made this way but most don't know how to clean them.
I made decent side money cleaning them as a side job when I worked 22 years at a real electronics store.

Hope this helps. ???

·
Registered
563 Posts
I need some clarification. Can you answer these questions about the problem:
1. is it just a fob or is it a smart key?
2. does the red light on the fob light up when the buttons are pressed?
3. does the fob still lock and unlock the doors?
4. do the lights flash when the doors are locked and unlocked?
5. does the alarm sound when the panic button is held down?

If your horn actually works when you press the horn button on the steering wheel that's good.
Not true. The horn for the alarm is different than the horn on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need some clarification. Can you answer these questions about the problem:
1. is it just a fob or is it a smart key?
2. does the red light on the fob light up when the buttons are pressed?
3. does the fob still lock and unlock the doors?
4. do the lights flash when the doors are locked and unlocked?
5. does the alarm sound when the panic button is held down?

Not true. The horn for the alarm is different than the horn on the steering wheel.
Still honks from the steering wheel. Hazards flash when locking & unlocking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts