Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've probably heard this before but my remote key fob is not working. Went out in the morning and tried to open the door but to no avail. I have replaced the 2032 battery in the fob, but no change. Is there a quick fix or do i have to go all the way to my dealership which is miles away...Tried to put the key in the ignition and press the lock button on fob but nothing happens. Hoping receiver is no kaputt.....Help please, appreciated. Oh, its a 2013 Veloster GDi.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A friend of mine had a similar problem (not with a Hyundai). His problem started after he dropped the fob on pavement. He opened it up and examined it. There was a surface mount resistor that had a cracked solder joint. I reflowed the joint and it worked.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,905 Posts
one of mine doesn't work at all in 20 degrees or less unless it has been warm in my pocket. have to push the start button with the fob to get the car started and even then i get warnings that the key isnt in until it warms up.

replaced the battery same issue. thanks rneil, i will examine the fob board more closely. i am capable of doing that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts