Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound super lame or ricer but I got just the regular Veloster remix, no turbo, I’m wondering what I need to do or if there’s anything I can do to get it strong enough to get to that level possibly adding a turbo in later, don’t know too much just want advice or help on what mods I can get.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome!

Short answer: stay mostly stock at least or trade up to a Turbo model. Best bang for buck

Long answer:

Turbo: You could spend well over 5 grand on the most reliable turbo setup and the install with tune if everything went perfect and everyone involved did the right things. So expect more if there are hiccups. At this point it might be closing in on the cost of your actual car. Also, I've never seen anyone do it. You would be the first to try besides a tuning company to my knowledge. If you're handy this could be cheap as 5 or 4 grand in parts, but it's a big job and might be over your head based on your apprehensive post.

Other NA mods: These will net less hp than a turbo for more or close to the cost of trading up. Bias alert, this is the route I took and I still wonder what life would've been like had I traded this in for turbo. Best mods I've done for hp, in order are: wheels and tires, ECU tune, exhuast, lower engine mount, and cold air intake with something know as the Elantra 60mm throttle body swap (from our 57mm). You might get an extra 15 to 30 wheel hp. A multitude of people have done this here and you would have plenty of different setup combinations to use as examples of what things can do.

Engine swap:
If you're really up for the challenge and don't have the DCT transmission you can swap in a turbo engine if you do some altering and wiring work. Again still cheaper to trade up though. I believe one maybe two people have done this successfully.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on any changes or progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts