Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been over this a couple of times with my wife but she doesn't have any real world input on this.

Work for a small farm vehicle dealer/garage for about 4 months.
Good brand but there's litteraly no structure.
People don't know jack **** and i am working with stone age tools.

Now I've been offered a better paying job at a hyundai garage going from 1800 to 2500 dollars (I don't live in the U.S.)
Both are really decent salaries here

Now for the catch.. it's 45 minutes further to and from work.

I also do have a really good chance of getting a better function at my current job in about 5 years.
I've already gotten so much pats on the back it's starting to hurt

I also have 2 old colleague's who make a **** ton of money and that's where I'll be heading too in a few years.

So the question is more.. dig in and do the grind or go for a gamble and take the money with maybe less opportunities in the future?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is the increase in salary worth the extra commute is the big question, and I would research the career paths available to you at the hyundai garage. If there's nowhere to go up, then you'll stagnate and be unhappy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Somewhat more importantly than income is, how well do you get along with your colleagues at your current job? Are you happy there? If so, I would likely stay. According to you it's not a dead-end job and your future there looks promising.

As for Hyundai, you'd likely be a small fish in a big pond (you're a big fish in a small pond now). Easily replaceable and just another number. A 45 minute commute sounds absolutely horrible. That's 1.5 hours a day you lose from your life you'll never get back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't tell what is wrong with your current job.

You said what you are making is a really good salary for where you live, so do you need that bump at this point in your life?

If you don't need the money, and you like your current job, and there is room to grow in a specified timeframe, staying seems like a much better idea.

Maybe I have missed something, or something has gone unsaid, but I think it is pretty clear from what you have described.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Been over this a couple of times with my wife but she doesn't have any real world input on this.
Really? She is the one that has to listen to your daily complaints and she probably has more incite into your workplace than anyone in this forum! You need to listen to your wife -- she knows more than you obviously think!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? She is the one that has to listen to your daily complaints and she probably has more incite into your workplace than anyone in this forum! You need to listen to your wife -- she knows more than you obviously think!
If you need a second opinion you dont go to the same doctor.
Besides that she has a lot more cushy job.

Its good to hear what other people might bring to the table.
The "big fish small pond" won me over and decided not to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Banana
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing