Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now that I started doing some things on my VT, I figured I might as well start a thread. I will mostly be doing exterior mods and such- not too many performance mods.

So here is Mara Jade on day 1 after purchasing her...

I am planning on blacking her out and cant wait til she gets there!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Debadge that Rick case decal man, unless they are paying u for promoting of course.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Debadge that Rick case decal man, unless they are paying u for promoting of course.
I have already debadged the Rick Case logo- I just have to get some more pics together to update this

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
How long was it before you started modding?
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I debadged the 1st day, then like a week later found plastic dip :D Then like a month later I went on the Gen Keys Run where the Mod bug bit me...All down hill after that :eek:

I have already debadged the Rick Case logo- I just have to get some more pics together to update this
Hey I bought mine at Rick Case too!!!! Did they give you a 200K mile warranty?! Got it on mine :cool:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I bought mine at Rick Case too!!!! Did they give you a 200K mile warranty?! Got it on mine :cool:
Yea the 20yr / 200k mile powertrain warranty. Then I purchased the additional which gives me complete coverage on just about everything for 100k. Who was your salesman, if you can remember?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Yea the 20yr / 200k mile powertrain warranty. Then I purchased the additional which gives me complete coverage on just about everything for 100k. Who was your salesman, if you can remember?
Sweet! My Salesman doesn't work there anymore. I recommended someone over there a few months ago & found out that he went to another dealer. If you ever go to the service desk introduce yourself to a guy named Will. He'll take super care of you. He used to have a Veloster & be on the Forum. He's thinking about getting another one soon.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, okay... lol

I removed the Rick Case decal and dipped my front and rear emblems. I think that I want to keep the turbo red, but I may dip in the future. This was my first time dipping anything and I'm amazed at how easy it was!

Got the front and rear taped off...

Hit them with a first coat...

4 coats later...

Peeling it was my wife's favorite part lol

Bada Bing!

I messed up the front emblem, so I will have to redo it in the future but it will stay for now

And so I'm one step closer to blacking out Mara Jade!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Awesome, will you being doing something more permanent in the future? Or just plan on dipping everything to achieve your blacked out look?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan on getting my headlights and tail lights professionally tinted along with my windows. I am going to try dipping my wheels and see how it looks and maybe move onto different rims later.

As for the emblems, I will probably keep the plasti dip. I like the look of dipped badges more than debadged or custom badges.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I plan on getting my headlights and tail lights professionally tinted along with my windows. I am going to try dipping my wheels and see how it looks and maybe move onto different rims later.

As for the emblems, I will probably keep the plasti dip. I like the look of dipped badges more than debadged or custom badges.
You're just going to tint them? or open them up and black out the chrome as well?

Sorry for all the questions.. just nosy :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're just going to tint them? or open them up and black out the chrome as well?

Sorry for all the questions.. just nosy :)
Yea just going to start by tinting them. Is that something I can do after the fact if I wanted to?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh! I almost forgot the most important mod to my VT

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I'm going to try dipping my lights to smoke them tomorrow because my wife will be busy and I will be bored. Wonder if anyone had any suggestions, warnings, experiences, etc.

Otherwise, I guess you'll see them tomorrow evening

Oh I've also had my DD lights in for a while but have to take pictures sometime. When you work in a photo studio for 50+ hours a week, taking photos isn't really on the mind.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts