Veloster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car about 2 months ago, the car has 139,000 miles and has ran smoothly all this time and is still driving smoothly however I am having some issues and could use some help. My check engine light is on throwing codes p0301,P0302,P0303,P0272 The car was misfiring quite a bit until I changed the spark plugs and coil packs and noticed no misfires after that however still the same codes. After doing some research and having really poor fuel mileage and some black smoke coming out of the exhaust, I assumed it was fuel injectors so I went ahead and ordered oem ones, however I recently got an oil changed and was going to do the fuel injector swap, and realized I had almost no oil in the car at all and just had it serviced and don’t need a new oil change for another 3500. I don’t know what could have caused the oil to be consumed that quickly. I don’t know what’s going on here does anyone know what could be going on? The car drives really smooth however this problem brings fear.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
any leaks? how did the plugs look?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any leaks? how did the plugs look?
the plugs were black and looked worn as they hadn’t been changed for a long time but after changing spark plugs and ignition coils the check engine light stayed on. I also took it to a really good shop an hour away from me and they lifted the car and looked under for any leaks and found no leaks whatsoever, i believe i’m burning oil.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the plugs were black and looked worn as they hadn’t been changed for a long time but after changing spark plugs and ignition coils the check engine light stayed on. I also took it to a really good shop an hour away from me and they lifted the car and looked under for any leaks and found no leaks whatsoever, i believe i’m burning oil.
Update: I just changed my pcv valve as well, it was clogged up pretty good, still wondering if the check engine light codes are from new fuel injectors needed. I’m keeping an eye on the oil levels closely trying to see if the pcv valve fixed that issue.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
if you didnt clear the codes manually it may take a few key cycles for them to clear if they will clear.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
did you use oem coilpacks or parts store ones? the oem ones work the best...

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
would be worthwhile to check. .028 recommended, iridium plugs so take it easy on the electrode.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
buy a plug gapper, i use something like this -

ignore the stupid url caption.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts