Veloster Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I myself don't put the nozzle " all the way " down the neck, just put it in about 2/3 and have never had an issue. Just have been doing this since I started driving back in 1979 ( ooops just dated myself ).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I FINALLY had the filler neck replaced and I've filled it with gas once since (because heaven forbid my ****** dealership put gas in it and test to make sure they actually resolved the issue) and I had no issues! The service slip I received said they found that the filler neck was damaged. I didn't squeeze the pump full force because I was nervous about it doing it again. Next time I will fill it as normal though and if it still has no issues, I'll consider it solved (although I do think it is). So yes, turns out I do know how to put gas in my car afterall and it was not user error as some had made it out to be.

Now I just have to get the blown door speaker fixed and possibly the clock (doesn't keep time). I'll be going to another dealer though because mine (Faulkner Hyundai) absolutely sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Well, I FINALLY had the filler neck replaced and I've filled it with gas once since (because heaven forbid my ****** dealership put gas in it and test to make sure they actually resolved the issue) and I had no issues! The service slip I received said they found that the filler neck was damaged. I didn't squeeze the pump full force because I was nervous about it doing it again. Next time I will fill it as normal though and if it still has no issues, I'll consider it solved (although I do think it is). So yes, turns out I do know how to put gas in my car afterall and it was not user error as some had made it out to be.

Now I just have to get the blown door speaker fixed and possibly the clock (doesn't keep time). I'll be going to another dealer though because mine (Faulkner Hyundai) absolutely sucks.
Glad you got it all fixed, sorry about the dealer and everything. Hopefully others with this issue will now know what needs replacing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my car for 7 Months and today when i went to fill my car i had the same issue with the gas spraying out. I had 1/4th tank of gas just started to fill my car and all the flue i put in it sprayed out on the side of my car. When to a different pump same issue never had this problem till today.
I noticed when i unscrew the gas cap it was under pressure more than normal. Was there a fix for this other than holding the nozzle at the 2 clock?
2016 Veloster Turbo.
Gas Station: Shell

·
Registered
328 Posts
On all US vehicles there is an evap system and a breather system on the gas tank to avoid pressure build up and prevent some of the evaporation into the air.

A lot of monkeys in the US like to "top off" their fuel tank by filling past the automatic shutoff of the pump (which is operated by vacuum caused by the moving gas).

This typically over fills into the vents and evap system and deposits impurities and hardened film (gas leaves residue when it evaporates)

So to the issue of not being able to fuel up. Try holding the trigger part way and see if it will fill. If you can get the tank full you could try a fuel system cleaner like seafoam or similar (seafoam will smoke a little, it's expected).

Up the thread a bit this is probably why the dealership replaced the filler neck. The vent/evap is typically integrated into the fuel neck.

·
Registered
16 VT
928 Posts

Some good info on the valve that might help; other threads on it as well.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I found the problem of constantly clicking off is eliminated by rotating the pump nozzle up to a 1 o'clock position while filling. This completely stopped that problem for me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts