Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Veloster Base with 152,000 miles. I have no skips, no check engine lights, and it seems to be running fine. I get about 32-34 mpg. I'm thinking about changing the plugs. It looks easy enough to do.

I'm looking at the Autolite XP6203-4PK Iridium XP Spark Plug, Pack of 4 either from Amazon ($29) or AutoZone near my gym. Gap is recommended at 0.44" for this plug. Both Amazon and Autolite's website says it will fit. Or, should I go with OEM plugs? If so, is there a place to get them online? I'm leery of getting fakes if I buy from Amazon.

I'll probably drive this car 3 years and less than 30,000 miles before trading it, if that makes a difference.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
the NAV isn't as picky as the turbo, you can probably get away with running the other plugs.

NGKs are recommended though, and the plug change interval is 100k

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’d do OEM NGK ones since it’s such a long interval. Avoid eBay/Amazon like you said and go to Rockauto.

There is a shipping charge so pickup small things you might need too like a pcv valve, a gas cap and filters or anything else. Google for 5% off codes.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I say go ahead and get some new sparkplugs, but I would not install them until such time as they are needed.
You can never tell, the plugs that are in there may last for years more and changing out good plugs is foolhardy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts