Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought Veloster 2016 4-5 months ago from Carvana with ~28k miles on it.
After second month I've started to drive it in Sport much mode more often until it became almost consistently.
Recently it got broken on a highway and then in a car shop I was told that the transmission is broken and the repair cost around ~$5k.
Now I'm wondering whether it's my fault or it was already in a sorry shape at the time when I bought it.

What do you guys think, the owners of not turbo Veloster, are you driving it in a sport mode or is it bad for the transmission so it can be killed in 3 months?
And if it's so deadly bad - why?

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
driving in sport mode will probably not reduce longevity.

the DCT models are a wildcard in terms of longevity and reliability. its one of hyundai's first DCT.

Reactions: Luximo1 and Kenzo

· Registered
29 Posts
I don't think is your fault for driving in sport mode every now and then or so, i drive sport mode to school almost every now and then since I bought mine with 24k miles('13 non turbo) in it and now almost 30k+ and counting, I'd suggest you either bought it with a hidden fault or depends on how you drive... so far, I've loved it whenever I get to shift gears and ooooooh, almost feels like a manual...👌🏽

1 - 3 of 3 Posts