Veloster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting mudflaps recently but i really dont want to drill holes in my wheel well. is it dumb to put on mudflaps with 3M tape? im not going to do anything crazy its just for looks. i just dont want them to be falling of while im dirving a little faster or on the highway. and if not 3M tape do guys have any other ideas? thanks!

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
What kind of mudflaps did you buy?

why not use the existingscrew holes from the trim?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of mudflaps did you buy?

why not use the existingscrew holes from the trim?
i havent bought then yet. i wanted to know if i even should do that. ive looked up vids and yeah theres some mounting points already but u need to make more holes to make it sturdy

·
Registered
890 Posts
The stock OEM mudflaps from Hyundai need no additional holes, but they will rub the paint off where they touch in pretty short time.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
498 Posts
So I've been wanting mudflaps recently but i really dont want to drill holes in my wheel well. is it dumb to put on mudflaps with 3M tape? im not going to do anything crazy its just for looks. i just dont want them to be falling of while im dirving a little faster or on the highway. and if not 3M tape do guys have any other ideas? thanks!
The tape will hold for a while but weather, dirt, and grit will eventually weaken the foam padding.
3M does make a good backing tape rated for 30 pounds and it's quite strong.
I used this tape for my side skirts I made and it works great.
But I don't drive the car that much, maybe 2500 miles a year and it stays in storage away from the weather and sun.
Daily driver and the tape will eventually dry out and fail.
Your choice in how bad you want your flaps. 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
Sometimes you have to say f it and go after what you want. 👍🤟

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you live in any area where you get snow the weight of the snow impacting the mudflaps while driving will pop them off too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, the looked up how to install it and there already are mounting points in the fender. so its drill-free I don't need 3m tape but now the question is should I pay 150 for mudflaps? plus I live in SoCal so it doesn't even rain that much.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah, the looked up how to install it and there already are mounting points in the fender. so its drill-free I don't need 3m tape but now the question is should I pay 150 for mudflaps? plus I live in SoCal so it doesn't even rain that much.
You are the only one that can answer that question on the mud flaps.
I think they look good on cars once installed so let that be your decision and good luck.
$150 is a bit much. 😉🤔🤨

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do a search for TNMF Mudflaps. An alternative to the pricey RallyArmor ones. I have a set on my 13 and are liking them so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do a search for TNMF Mudflaps. An alternative to the pricey RallyArmor ones. I have a set on my 13 and are liking them so far.
thanks for mentioning them. I've been trying to find their website and I just couldn't think of their name. I think the TNMF are way better priced and ill probably get them. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
OEM mudflaps is what i bought - my style - it is TRIM Molding , no flap hanging down
i searched several web pages, couple years ago - i paid under $50 Total for 4 wheel set
(buy Front Set, Rear Set for 2016 Turbo R-Spec) had floor jack, so removed tire, removed existing screws and holes on TRIM Flap lined up as they should and screwed them on

·
Registered
498 Posts
OEM mudflaps is what i bought - my style - it is TRIM Molding , no flap hanging down
i searched several web pages, couple years ago - i paid under $50 Total for 4 wheel set
(buy Front Set, Rear Set for 2016 Turbo R-Spec) had floor jack, so removed tire, removed existing screws and holes on TRIM Flap lined up as they should and screwed them on
Yup I did the same on my Hyundai. Factory mud flaps and they fit factory perfect and looked great.
I still have the fronts on but took off the rears to install a modified 2013 Ford Fiesta rear mud flap on the car which looks factory as well.
For me it gave the car the look I wanted but I could never see why they called it a mud flap. 🤨😂🤷🏼‍♂️
9EFFD15A-C3E5-4299-8746-5642E4C0FFB1.png

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
78 Posts
Drill free rally armor flaps on my 2012.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's how the TNMFs look, in blue (minus the lettering that I haven't put on yet).
View attachment 133642 View attachment 133643
that matches the white really well! just got my tnmf mudflaps but they were the wrong size... it wouldnt fit my 20' vt. I emailed them on Monday and they still haven't responded for a refund or a replacement. its really frustrating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts