Veloster Forum banner
4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RPW00Mirage 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I’m a new Veloster Turbo owner and I do not have a backup camera. Therefore, my stereo did not come equipped with camera capabilities so I will have to replace the stereo with one that does (From what I’ve been told). I want to go all original, no aftermarket. I would also have to buy the original hatchback handle camera piece as well (Found a used one in the color I need).
I really want to make this happen. Suggestions on where do get this done and the parts I will need, or if it can be done?

#2 ·
Is this a new car? I'm surprised the turbo doesn't have a backup cam.

Just traded it in for the Veloster R-Spec I bought. The 2020 is amazingly fun for only 200 horsepower/turbo.

I think all the other turbos only put out 150 horsepower if it's a new one.

I'm pretty sure about most of the basics there. I'm not a huge car guy I just got into the Veloster is about a month ago. They say it's the most fun for the money and I agree.

#3 ·
It’s a 2013. I was surprised it didn’t have a backup cam too. They started backup cams on the 2012 models. I couldn’t pass it up though because I got it for a hell of a deal since I work at a car dealership. Figured I could just add the backup cam.
I agree. Velosters are fun cars, great price, and surprisingly really good on gas! In love with the body style.

#5 ·

this is using aftermarket but you shouldn't have to replace the radio either way.

#8 ·
never seen that except on an aftermarket setup... the radio always shows the camera view on a veloster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.