Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird one. I noticed a couple weeks ago that my car's USB music has gotten wonky. Usually when I turn the car off, it remembers what song I was listening to and that starts to play when I start it again. It no longer does that, it always starts at the beginning of the files on the USB stick. I could live with that, but apparently the seeding of the randomizer also is broken; like it uses the same seed every time because every time I start the car I say "shuffle" and it turns on. Then I hit next track, it always is KMFDM - Beast. If I hit next track, it's always Krewella - Alive, etc etc. I found that if I advance off the first track after starting the car then tell it to shuffle, I get a new set of random songs. Exact same though; so if I hit next and then shuffle on the second track, I always get Pantera - Strength Beyond Strength.

What in the world could have caused that? I have a USB stick with the replacement IRIS folder contents, gonna go try that and see if it makes a difference. That I could see making sense for the not remembering the last song; if the file is corrupt. I seriously doubt that would relate to the randomization seed problem though. I called the local Hyundai dealer to get a firmware update, figured that'd be a good first step but service had absolutely no idea what I was talking about (sigh) They had no idea what firmware flash meant. I said I need to replace the infotainment software and they said you need a map update? I told them no, I don't care about old GPS maps, I want the infotainment operating system itself. They had no idea so I gave up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Weird for sure. Others have indicated the same issue over the years but I can't recall if there was an actual solution or not. If it worked fine for years then suddenly started doing this, it might be worth trying to see if another USB stick does the same thing, and/or doing the reset trick with the tiny hole by the cd slot. Might simply need a reset. I have never used random, mine might be doing it too, lol. I always just let the folder play through. Curious if updating IRIS works. Let us know

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got around to testing the IRIS thing. It didn't do squat for my randomization problem, or for missing files on my USB stick, but it did fix the problem where it would constantly start at the first song every time I turn the car on.

I guess I'll take what victories I can get, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
enjoy it while it lasts, I have to put "random" on with the touch screen about every time I start my car. every so often I don't have to put on "random" the radio remembers but It always ends up forgetting weather it be a week or a month it go's back to forgetting. Also don't try "Grace Note" on the Touch screen it will mess up everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts