Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with their ignition switch when turning off their car? I’ve had this happen twice when turning off my car it won’t go to the lock position. It stops at the accessories position and won’t go any further. I have not a clue why this is happening. If anyone has answers to my problem it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Lesa

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen, 99 impreza
308 Posts
What is the year model and transmission of your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the year model and transmission of your car?
2015 Veloster, dual transmission it’s not the turbo model. I can’t tell you the engine liter at this moment, but figured that would be easy for someone that knows that stuff probably has it figured out. I bought my car in spring of 2017 and feel like I am all of the sudden having issues here and there with it. And now this and I don’t know what to think!

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen, 99 impreza
308 Posts
Engines are all 1.6L in this generation. I don't have a key ignition (mine is push button start) but does it allow you to if you turn the steering wheel further in either direction? Typically i've had that happen with the steering lock on other cars i've owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engines are all 1.6L in this generation. I don't have a key ignition (mine is push button start) but does it allow you to if you turn the steering wheel further in either direction? Typically i've had that happen with the steering lock on other cars i've owned.
I thought that may be the problem, but the steering wheel has not been in the lock position the times this has happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts