Veloster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was started by hesitation on take off....then attempt to excelerate it stated sputtering then it shut off.... replaced a battery , didn't work...changed out the crankshaft sensor.... After watching some videos on this complaints on that sensor ...still don't start...is there some kind of switch I need to reset or any advice on what I could try?

·
Registered
57 Posts
diagnostic trouble codes. You can get Autozone or someone that offers a similar service to do it for free if you don't have a device.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to a repair shop today and it had 11 codes.... mostly to do with other stuff it never had before like a fuel code ,air bag,brake light code still the crank shaft sensor code so many codes this is so messed up anyway I seen a video and it said that the connector to the crankshaft sensor goes out also and will not register to the ECM and will cause it to throw all kinds of codes....oh man what a mess

·
Registered
7 Posts
It could be your fuel pump, you did get 2 different codes for your fuel rail pressure/sensor. That's what I would check next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would guess your cars hesitation probably caused vibration and Hyundai sensors can be funny sometimes. You have several codes I would not worry about unless they don't go away.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I feel you should take it to the dealer to get this all straightened out.
I realize it could be an expensive proposition but some time you just have to bite the bullet and take the smartest way out.
All repairs by the dealer should be guaranteed so there is a golden lining to doing this.
Using a non Hyundai repair shop can be very costly and very time consuming and never really correct the problem, and most importantly, they can very easily just throw their hands up and say they cannot fix it and that would leave you out in the cold with already having spent a bunch of cash. A Hyundai shop cannot do that. They have to fix it. Absolutely

·
Registered
162 Posts
Agree with above. If it is a no start or crank, might look into the P0820. Common range switch. Reset codes and see what comes back 1st, might be a start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts