Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can tell you that if you run full synthetic it’s better fuel consumption but if you put a litre of 10w with 2 litres of 5w the fuel consumption goes up, I’m still looking. For the optimum mix,., got allot of little things I’m gonna be testing with this car I’ll let you guys know what’s up

·
Registered
532 Posts
Stop mixing oil weights together. You're not smarter than the engineers that designed the engine. Stick with what the owners manual recommends because they know more than you. And since you live in Canada, you should NOT be using 10w oil. Its colder up there and your engine needs quick flowing oil like 5w-20 or even 0w-20

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can tell you that if you run full synthetic it’s better fuel consumption but if you put a litre of 10w with 2 litres of 5w the fuel consumption goes up, I’m still looking. For the optimum mix,., got allot of little things I’m gonna be testing with this car I’ll let you guys know what’s up
So what's the purpose of mixing oils and viscosity? 🤨🤔🧐
Not to doubt what you're doing but with oil for our cars it's pretty much been discussed and it still comes up to the individual what each of us use.
Good luck though. 👍

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are engineers that have spend decades on fixing this problem, buy penzzoil platinum and call it a day.
Youre risking your engine here and its not worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts