Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have a stock VT 2015 and recently added a short ram cold air injen intake and it seems to use more gas using it then the stock intake. im using already
1. Full synthetic mobil oil
2. 91 Mobil gas (premium)
3.Tire pressure checked regularly
What am I doing wrong ?

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
New intake means heavier foot. Be cognizant of it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Hi so I have a stock VT 2015 and recently added a short ram cold air injen intake and it seems to use more gas using it then the stock intake. im using already
What am I doing wrong ?
What is the mileage that you are getting? Maybe others are getting worse?

·
Registered
756 Posts
What am I doing wrong ?
Two things you're doing wrong:
1. Premium gas - your VT is designed to run on 87 regular. Running premium is not gaining you anything on a stock tune. You're wasting money.
2. Your right foot - like RPW said, the intake makes sweet noises and it causes you to be heavy with the right foot.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine's getting on average 24.5 MPG and I drive mine hard (full bolt-on w/ tune). What's your MPG?
1. Premium gas - your VT is designed to run on 87 regular. Running premium is not gaining you anything on a stock tune. You're wasting money.
While the manual does state this, these engines are notorious for throwing rods through the block because of LSPI (low speed pre-ignition). Using high octane gasoline helps mitigate this phenomenon.

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
Yeah I was going to say it’s been proven to be helped on the turbo forum.

·
Registered
547 Posts
26 MPG is actually really good. In my opinion, these engines benefit greatly from removing the cats, which is the most restrictive point in the exhaust. Even a high-flow cat will do wonders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts