Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 16 non turbo and last summer I replaced the intake and now I am haveing loud pops and backfires through both exhaust and intake, also rough ideling and choppy acceleration any ideas what this could be. Do I need a tune? Also it randomly misfires in all cylinders

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sounds like the problem is with what you did. Maybe reinstalling the intake might cure the problem.

You do not give much information about the intake, why you did it, any other modifications, trouble codes, etc.

You get the idea, don't you.

The more you can inform us, the better the help you will receive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the problem is with what you did. Maybe reinstalling the intake might cure the problem.

You do not give much information about the intake, why you did it, any other modifications, trouble codes, etc.

You get the idea, don't you.

The more you can inform us, the better the help you will receive.
The intake I have on it is an injen cold air intake and I also have e3 plugs no other modifications. The codes I’m throwing are misfire in cylinder 1,2, and 4 also a random misfire. I can’t use cruise control or cruise at a low RPM or I will get misfires also recently when it is shifting in high rpm I am starting to get a misfire code Or a flashing check engine light. Sorry for the lack of information

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
what are e3 plugs and what is your mileage?

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
those plugs gotta go. do you still have your factory plugs (good to 100k btw) ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I still have factory plugs, just so I know what would thats plugs be doing to cause the issue I’ve had them in for over 1 year and only gave me this problem I’ve had the intake on since early last summer and starting acting up as winter approached

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK do it and reset the CPU. let us know. thanks
I’ve been been waiting or a while armed down day to replace the plugs so today finally reached 19f so I replace them and so far it’s was noticeable right away I haven’t drove much just to work like 12 miles and no misfire code or backfires Andy my engine light is still on after resetting the battery I’ll give anouther update in a few days after some miles get put on it

·
Registered
711 Posts
The warning light should go away if the condition is corrected and you drive for a period time with no occurrence of the same happening. I'm sure it has to be multiple times of trouble free driving and the trip each time has to be a minimum amount of time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The warning light should go away if the condition is corrected and you drive for a period time with no occurrence of the same happening. I'm sure it has to be multiple times of trouble free driving and the trip each time has to be a minimum amount of time.
Actually I was pulling into work after my lunch break and it went away thank you guys !! The plugs I replaced were gummed up and gross new plugs in and running good! Thank you all!

·
Super Moderator
4,365 Posts
now drive it like you stole it. You're taking in more air, get that cat nice and hot to burn off that excess carbon built up

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, the OEM Plugs are NGK Laser Iridium plugs, which are really good actually. No sense in changing the plugs to something else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts