Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
First, try using a short description in the title and putting the rest of your question in the post itself

Second, what "tune up" are you due for? Cap, rotor, points, wires, plugs? I hope you realize that the old concept of a "tune up" isn't needed on modern cars. There are no more distributors that need caps, rotors or points. And there aren't even wires on most engines because of direct coil on plug setups. And modern spark plugs easily last 90,000-100,000 miles before needing to be replaced.

·
weekend racer
7,661 Posts
the car doesn't have a motherboard, it has tons of em...

are you sitting on your keys?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havnt changed my spark plugs but no big need right now ignition is 100% but I am talk about modern day tune ups

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
446 Posts
i havnt changed my spark plugs but no big need right now ignition is 100% but I am talk about modern day tune ups
Modern day is still as the old days.
Plugs, pcv change, air filter, a change of oil, and fluid checks.
Not Much has changed in the automobile in the last 100 years or so.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not Much has changed in the automobile in the last 100 years or so.
I hope that's sarcasm.
If not, I need to go adjust the cable operated drum brakes, replace the cap, rotor, points and condenser on the distributor and adjust the mixture on the carburetor in my Veloster. I better check the air pressure in my bias-ply tires too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chances are you have a loose or worn connection... somewhere... It's going to be tough to isolate the problem. Possibly expensive too. I would start with the locking mechanism in the driver side door and work from there. But no guarantee that's even close to the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts