Veloster Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Probably, if they follow the same formula as the Genesis. The R-Spec Genesis is a base car with performance options. Bigger brakes, better suspension, LSD, same hp, other minor tweaks. No moonroof, base radio, simple interior, no auto tranny, keyed ignition, etc. they don't even have cruise control.
People use cc?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
597 Posts
Probably, if they follow the same formula as the Genesis. The R-Spec Genesis is a base car with performance options. Bigger brakes, better suspension, LSD, same hp, other minor tweaks. No moonroof, base radio, simple interior, no auto tranny, keyed ignition, etc. they don't even have cruise control.
The Canadian R-Spec does have Cruise Control - it's the base Genesis Coupe with all the performance parts added. My WSP 2.0T R-Spec arrives in a few weeks :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
So pretty much for an R-spec V the things lost would be the backup camera/sensors, panoramic roof, and proximity key.

This whole R-Spec thing is a very, very old rumour. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm more so just trying to gather input from others as to wether I should hold out 2+ years or just a year for the trade into VT/2.0T
I wouldn't wait and hold out for anything, especially when the rumors are just that, rumors and they weren't even based on any real information. There is absolutely no indication from Hyundai that they're even pondering an R-Spec VT. Even if they did do one, I really don't see them dropping in a different engine. Hyundai has a lot of other things going on right now (Redesigns, production catch up, MPGgate, to name a few).

The aftermarket support for the VT is rapidly growing. If performance or slight changes are what you're ultimately interested in, just buy a VT and hit up the aftermarket. I just ordered the Solo exhaust last night.

One thing i've learned is that, there will always be a better and improved car coming out every few years. If you hold out for an R-Spec VT for 2015, the next cool thing will be on the horizon for 2017, etc.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Depends. The '13 genesis came out in like February 2012 lol. All of thev13 models came out in early to mid 2012, so the '14 models you might not see until later this year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depends. The '13 genesis came out in like February 2012 lol. All of thev13 models came out in early to mid 2012, so the '14 models you might not see until later this year.
Sucks because I'm mostly holding of due to the fact that I absolutely love my triathlon gray, and think it would look even better on the turbo! This next vehicle I buy into will become a project car for myself and I really desire to have it starting off as everything as I exactly want. However I feel myself dancing on the thought of the vitamin c orange or the elite white (I just don't know if it would feel like I was driving a giant pumpkin).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why is it assumed that "V owners were upset when the VT came out, and if an R Spec comes out, VT owners will be upset as well?" If this is the case, those few souls will NEVER be happy. Every year 'enhancements' are made, and cars are improved per say. On this premise, those non-committal few will be envious and sour every time they encounter the newer car on the road.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Usually the first models are the best. Thicker connecting rods, PROM ECU's,bigger turbos,etc etc etc.

While the next year models may have some little fixes here and there, they will work the bugs out in ares during shop visits under warranty, the later years they will start cheaping out, leaving out a screw or bolt here, or less material here etc etc, lowering production costs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why is it assumed that "V owners were upset when the VT came out, and if an R Spec comes out, VT owners will be upset as well?" If this is the case, those few souls will NEVER be happy. Every year 'enhancements' are made, and cars are improved per say. On this premise, those non-committal few will be envious and sour every time they encounter the newer car on the road.
Yes that is the ridiculousness known as human kind. So busy looking at the horizon they miss the jewels underfoot.
And yes, you're right...those souls will NEVER be happy.

I say burn all your bridges while you control the flame.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
43 Participants
gantech
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing