Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
The suspension has been upgraded on the new turbo models. This article is not correct. Look it up.

Quote from Veloster flier from dealership: " To complement its added power, Veloster Turbo uses large front and rear stabilizer bars to reduce body roll and improve handling on the curves. It also features a quicker-ratio steering rack and revised steering calibration to match, giving the driver more precise feedback and control as you run through the gears."

Hmmmm....same as base model my ass. I am so sick of hearing that on reviews.
Sorry, but the NA V & VT are the same... you should have done more research. Yes, it says the Veloster Turbo uses large front and rear stabilizer bars...but it doesn't say larger than the NA V.

Part numbers are the same for NA V & VT - front 54810-2V000 rear 55100-2V500 they're both 24mm front & 23mm rear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
well i posted a request to Brandon at hma about a ltd slip and maybe brembo option off the GC, while his response doesnt say specifics, last line says something interesting...
Thank you for your suggestions. Earlier this week I went to Namyang R&D Center in Korea to share our Veloster Lifecycle Plans. I'm hoping we can share some exciting Veloster news every year.
hmmmmmm

·
Registered
103 Posts
ya if they said that you would see a lot of VT's on lots as others wait for the R.

·
Registered
41 Posts
that's why i'm wainting, i was ready to buy a canadian veloster turbo( i lived in montreal,Canada). and now i see VT R-Spec rumored,perhaps it will be cheaper than the fully loaded VT(just like the Genesis R-Spec)
I will like to see LSD,Multi link in the rear,more hp and not all that scrappy technologie in it(like the VT Ultimate or VT Here in Canada).

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I wouldnt hold my breath. The VT just came out. Maybe next year. It might have less options and LSD, but it wont have more power and IRS. Same receipe as the R-Spec Genesis and even that car we just started getting in Canada. An R-Spec VT might not even be sold here at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
All this hype about rumors is getting crazy! I've never paid as close attention to car threads as I do now. The R-spec would be cool, but I love the tech I have in my fully loaded NA V. I tried holding out for the VT for about a month, but the price ended up being too much for the limited rewards.
What I've noticed is that everybody has their different needs in a car, and the NA V will do the job for me until I graduate and won't have a 2.5 hour commute daily.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
514 Posts
One thing i've learned in life is that if you continuously wait for the next best car to come out, you'll always be waiting and you'll never buy anything. There will always be a cooler car coming out in the years following whatever year it currently is. You just make the best choice you can and roll with it.

Granted sometimes buying a first MY of a car has proven to backfire-- example, 2008 WRX. Another scenario that comes to mind about not waiting on the next MY would be the 2012 Genesis Coupe. 2013 did get a $2k price hike, but also added like 60hp to both models. Surely I would have been Pissed if I bought a 2012 Gen Coupe and then saw what 2013 had to offer, but you also have to be careful once a car has been out for 3-4 years because thats when you should expect a refresh and possible addition of features.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What's the point of bringing out an R-Spec when the Veloster's purpose is for fuel economy? I say Hyundai should keep the R-Spec to the Genesis. If they're going to bring out an R-Spec for more than one model, then they may well bring out an R-Spec for all of their other models.

·
Registered
887 Posts
What's the point of bringing out an R-Spec when the Veloster's purpose is for fuel economy? I say Hyundai should keep the R-Spec to the Genesis. If they're going to bring out an R-Spec for more than one model, then they may well bring out an R-Spec for all of their other models.
as much as it's an econobox it's got some pep, I mean it has as much hp and trq as a civic SI

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do you see an Accord SI? S2000 SI? Fit SI? CRZ SI?

The Accord and S2000 hassssssssssss way more pep, hp, and tq than the Civic SI and yet they don't have an SI model of each of those models.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Honda has a Fit/Jazz Si overseas and they have had several models with the Type-R and S designations.

The Veloster maybe an econo car, but with the Turbo it has some performance too. A lighter R-Spec version would probably be more fuel effecient too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
As did Mitsubishi with the Colt Ralliart, Suzuki with the Swift Sport (not the crappy Korean rebadge that we also get here as the GM Aveo), etc.

For some people, fuel economy is not an issue and want a no-compromise small fast hatchback.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Do you see an Accord SI? S2000 SI? Fit SI? CRZ SI?

The Accord and S2000 hassssssssssss way more pep, hp, and tq than the Civic SI and yet they don't have an SI model of each of those models.
not to mention the base civic comes with only like 140 hp and the Si with 201 plus Si is more then just pep.. it's a redone suspension braking tranny and motor

·
Registered
301 Posts
Honda has a Fit/Jazz Si overseas and they have had several models with the Type-R and S designations.

The Veloster maybe an econo car, but with the Turbo it has some performance too. A lighter R-Spec version would probably be more fuel effecient too.
I figured someone was gonna go JDM on me. I wasn't talking about JDM land. But in your argument, any vehicle with a turbo has some performance? Turbo does not mean it has performance and does not automatically mean the car is performance based. Turbo is just another mechanical part of the engine to make easier power. I'm thinking about 16 wheeler big rigs & RVs here and I just don't see any performance in them AT ALL, power yes. ANY lighter car would be more fuel efficient than their predecessor, but sport models for cars are usually brought out to be faster/quicker not more fuel efficient.

not to mention the base civic comes with only like 140 hp and the Si with 201 plus Si is more then just pep.. it's a redone suspension braking tranny and motor
Ok, the N/A V is 135 hp and the VT is 201. The VT is the answer to the Civic SI. The R-Spec will need to be aimed at faster cars than what the VT is compared to now. And honestly, for argument sake I don't see the R-Spec having "a redone suspension, braking, tranny, and motor". I can see maybe thicker/stiffer sway bars and better brakes and getting rid of cruise control like they've been known to do with the Genesis R-Specs only. So what does Hyundai need to do to make the R-Spec have "more than just pep" like the Civic SI?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You think the VT suspension is rough? You should take a ride in the MINI Cooper S I just traded in for my VT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
R-spec veloster

If they do come out with and R-spec Veloster it will probably be a de-tuned version of the Velocity Veloster that they showed at SEMA. I would say an R-spec may be between 250 and 350 HP and probably close to 300 lb/ft. The Velocity was somewhere around 400 hp and 350 lb/ft

·
Registered
887 Posts
If they do come out with and R-spec Veloster it will probably be a de-tuned version of the Velocity Veloster that they showed at SEMA. I would say an R-spec may be between 250 and 350 HP and probably close to 300 lb/ft. The Velocity was somewhere around 400 hp and 350 lb/ft
the velocity is a fully built engine with bigger turbo.. that wont happen usually the R spec (race spec) is just some weight reduction and revised suspension/ tranny stuff

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
43 Participants
gantech
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing