Veloster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ordered the Stage 2 Reverse, Stage 3 Trunk, and Stage 3 plate lights...
With shipping, it came to about $100

I honestly don't think that's expensive at all. That's 5 high powered bulbs.

One thing though, the trunk light... it made reference to a Stage 4 flex light. There's no documentation on it though, so I have no idea what the flex means, and how bright it is - which is why I just went with Stage 3.

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm glad you brought that up. The stage 4 is a brand new product. And it is AWESOME. Its a flexible LED strip backed with either adhesive, velcro, or magnets (Whichever you choose) and we fit either a 194 (wedge) or a festoon adapter on it so that you can plug it in where the normal trunk light bulb would be. The brightness is exceptional, and for those of you who want the best of the best. We offer a dual option where 2 LED strips are wired into the same 194 or festoon adapter for DOUBLE the brightness. Below is the direct link to the product page. ENJOY!
FlexLight Trunk LED Strip - LED Strips - LED Bulbs

-Garrick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Might be noob question but I dont feel like looking into it so I'll just ask for a effortless answer on my part. Do the reverse LED's plug into the existing reverse light plugs on the VT or is there wiring to be done as with the HID's?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just installed the trunk light, plate lights, and reverse lights. Took about an hour* and was super easy!
Can't wait to see how they look tonight.

*took an hour cause it's absolutely freezing out and my hands kept going numb lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
The reverse lights in the Veloster Turbo are plug and play. You will not have do any wiring.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

-Emily

I can vouch for this and how awesome these bulbs are. Lights are super clean and crisp. Really come in handy with backup camera. Everything is illuminated with the Hi-power version. Love them.

Also stage 2 map lights look awesome at night. Next up is vanity and licence plates. Not sure about the plate lights, but we'll see.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pics of the NAV should be sufficient, or is the back up lighting different between the two models? I never noticed the difference.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Really come in handy with backup camera. Everything is illuminated with the Hi-power version.
I disagree. I bought these 6W LEDs about 5 months ago. They are bright to the human eye, but the reverse camera has a hard time rendering any useable images at night. My reverse camera's field of view dropped from approximately 20 ft with the incandescents to approximately 3 to 5 feet with the LEDs. When it rains, it's even worse (the LEDs might as well not be lit).

On the other hand, they definately get other driver's attention when I put it in reverse. These things scream, "you bitches better watch out!"

·
Registered
306 Posts
Why are you not sure about the plate lights?

-Garrick
Just wasn't sure if I was going to like them. I installed them (stage 3 white) and really do like how they turned out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed my stage 1 version today and what a difference! The light is cleaner and appears brighter. Using the backup camera at night is incredible. Much easier to see. Very quick shipping and awesome customer service! You can't go wrong with Diode Dynamics!

41 - 60 of 92 Posts