Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 veloster non nav with a headunit model LAC1320IWFS software 5.1.43

so the problem is my software is really outdated , and i can't seem to find any update for the head unit , i downloaded an update from the hyundai website but when i tried to load it a message showed up saying : Software Loading failed - Upgrade is not available for this car

so if anyone can give me a link for a working update for the headunit i will be thankful , and before anyone says go to the dealer or call them and ask about it , my dealer doesn't even realize that you can update the headunit ,

Thank you in advance .

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's been awhile, so I apologize if it doesn't work, but this link worked for me last year:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a great car tech guy in the Netherlands who made my mirrors go auto on open+close.

He even updated my firmware, EU ! , non-nav (also a nav update I guess)
I’m now on;
System version 6.0.6 to 7.9.4
Firmware version: 5.1.3_FS(15) to 5.6.7_FS(15)
Bluetooth (not present) 2.6.6 to 3.2.2

Let me know if I should put an image (usb stick copy) up for grabs.

Btw: does anyone have a newer software version for my 01-2014 Veloster ?
(the car left the factory in 2012)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a great car tech guy in the Netherlands who made my mirrors go auto on open+close.

He even updated my firmware, EU ! , non-nav (also a nav update I guess)
I’m now on;
System version 6.0.6 to 7.9.4
Firmware version: 5.1.3_FS(15) to 5.6.7_FS(15)
Bluetooth (not present) 2.6.6 to 3.2.2

Let me know if I should put an image (usb stick copy) up for grabs.

Btw: does anyone have a newer software version for my 01-2014 Veloster ?
(the car left the factory in 2012)
Hey man, I'd really appreciate it if you can upload the update for firmwarw 5.6.7! I'm on non-nav EU models too and looking to update from my 5.6.4

·
Registered
10 Posts
--> Here ya go <--
Keep the engine running.
Insert usb-stick.
Look at screen.
It may reboot several times.
If the update fails keep trying.
It took me about half an hour in total (no navigation in my Velo).

·
Registered
3 Posts
--> Here ya go <--
Keep the engine running.
Insert usb-stick.
Look at screen.
It may reboot several times.
If the update fails keep trying.
It took me about half an hour in total (no navigation in my Velo).
Going to try it now, hope this might help with my BT desync issues! thanks a lot!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Bluetooth delay is still there but I guess that may be just be the old version of Bluetooth used in the head unit.
It's a long shot but I once had a head unit recognize a USB bluetooth adapter and use it when (using an aftermarket unit) I grabbed the wrong stick.
I'm really doubtful that it'll work with a stock unit but if you have such an adapter handy it's worth trying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I have managed to download the file but when trying it tells me "software loading failed!" and "Upgrade is not available for this car.(99)"
I have the following version:
Model = LAC1320IWFS
SW Ver. = 5.1.43
MICOM Ver. = 5.3.60 (FS-GEN3)

Can anybody help me with this please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I have managed to download the file but when trying it tells me "software loading failed!" and "Upgrade is not available for this car.(99)"
I have the following version:
Model = LAC1320IWFS
SW Ver. = 5.1.43
MICOM Ver. = 5.3.60 (FS-GEN3)

Can anybody help me with this please.
I have unzipped the file, loaded it into MS DOS FAT 32 formatted flash drive and put it into the USB slot while the engine is running.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 68 VW Beetle, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
48 Posts
I'm going to attempt this as well today on my 2012 to see what my results are
Model: LNC1700ENFS
SW Ver: 5.1.34
MICOM Ver: 5.3.56 (FS-USA28)
MAP Ver: USA.05.44.59.001
TMU Ver: 10.03
TMU ESN: Blank

·
Registered
48 Posts

Mounting the ISO file now, these are the files in the directory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alright, at least for my headunit this firmware was incorrect, i got the same error above (upgrade not available for this car(99))
followed these instructions from Hyundai (they reference their official flash drive)
KMA instructions from another thread
Thread

I'm not terribly busy today and will look into it.

Edit:
called 3 hyundai dealerships and none of them sell the software/USB, they only do it as a service which was something like $300-400 which is ridiculous on a number of levels.
trying an additional update file found in that other thread before exploring my headunit with one of the hacked versions. We are now seeing the problems with Infotainment in old used cars LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool, I was successful with the navigation update in my previously linked thread.
here are the steps with some screenshots to help.
1. download the update file from that thread for your NAV or non-NAV headunit
2. format your USB drive to FAT32
3. take the ISO and right click it on a windows computer and "mount" (this treats it like a hard drive now)
4. copy the files from the Mounted volume on the side and move them onto the flash drive (the ISO doesn't need to be on the flash drive)
5. take flash drive to car and do the following
  • press the button twice without your foot on the brake to turn the car on but engine off (with a normal key just turn it on without turning on the engine)
  • press info (button) and system info (touch screen button)
  • plug in USB and it will check for the update.
  • if the software is compatible it will take you through a comparison chart and easy to follow update windows
  • if the software is not compatible you will get the error.

Hope this helps, it fixed my bluetooth data read out and maps with the patch i grabbed but i apparently had version 1 of everything (never been updated)

Attachments

·
weekend racer
7,213 Posts
nice!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts