Veloster Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks for your order! Steven, please be sure to flip your housing around to point it in the correct direction. LEDs are simply more directional than regular lights, but I really don't think you will have any trouble with the law.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
  • Any thoughts on whether the Amber license plate lights would look good on a Vitamin C Veloster? It's hard to tell from the pics whether they're more "yellow" or more "orange" in color. I was thinking some stage 2 plate lights might dress up the tail nicely.
  • Any idea where I can find out if it's legal here in Ohio to have non-white plate lights? I was having trouble digging up specifics.
  • The installation is just 'pop the housing off, switch the bulb, pop it back in', yeah? I'm leasing this car, so I don't wanna meddle with wiring and potentially damage anything. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Found my answer. Ohio code 4501-15-04 says:

"The light illuminating the license plate shall be white."

Guess that means no amber license plate lights for me. Oh well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stage 2 blubs installed today. Awesome clean white light! Definitely makes things much brighter. Easy plug and play installation. Ultra quick shipping, if you want LED's then Diode Dynamics is the place to go.

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Stage 2 blubs installed today. Awesome clean white light! Definitely makes things much brighter. Easy plug and play installation. Ultra quick shipping, if you want LED's then Diode Dynamics is the place to go.
Thanks for the awesome review!

-Garrick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does this look right? The left bulb went into the harness on the right side and the right bulb went into the harness on the left side. (Where you put in the bulb to housing). The position of the harness is the same as it was with the stock bulbs. There was some discussions on this and I was wondering if mine was right?

View attachment 14170 View attachment 14171 View attachment 14172

I took a picture of a CRV in front of me and their stock ones look better with more coverage.

I know LEDs are very direction specific so does anyone know what I should do? Flip the harness 180 degrees?

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Does this look right? The left bulb went into the harness on the right side and the right bulb went into the harness on the left side. (Where you put in the bulb to housing). The position of the harness is the same as it was with the stock bulbs. There was some discussions on this and I was wondering if mine was right?

View attachment 14170 View attachment 14171 View attachment 14172

I took a picture of a CRV in front of me and their stock ones look better with more coverage.

I know LEDs are very direction specific so does anyone know what I should do? Flip the harness 180 degrees?
I'm not sure what you are asking. The LED bulbs look like they are working to me.

-Garrick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I recently bought the map (blue stage 2) and plate (blue stage 3) less from Diode Dynamics. Could anyone confirm that it is in fact legal to change the colour of the lights above the license plate? I am in Sydney and have no idea how to find this information. Would really appreciate anyone's help.

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I recently bought the map (blue stage 2) and plate (blue stage 3) less from Diode Dynamics. Could anyone confirm that it is in fact legal to change the colour of the lights above the license plate? I am in Sydney and have no idea how to find this information. Would really appreciate anyone's help.
Any color other than white is for off road use only. If you drive with a different color, you are driving at your own risk.

-Garrick

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's important to swap your left and right housings when installing these bulbs. Otherwise light will only be reflected on the corners of the plate. After swapping my housings, these bulbs are GREAT! Lights up the plate VERY well and is really bright. I love my Diode Dynamics stuff!!

81 - 100 of 123 Posts