Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Hyundai Veloster 2012 new struts, tires and brakes with the discs but still when i pass into a hole or bump you can hear like something is wrong like something is not tie and its loose what will be the problem now??

Registered
I just got my Hyundai Veloster 2012 new struts, tires and brakes with the discs but still when i pass into a hole or bump you can hear like something is wrong like something is not tie and its loose what will be the problem now??
Could be several things actually.
Without more information on where the noise is coming from it's hard to track down the problem.
A couple of things I would check since it's a 2012 is both the upper and lower ball joints and the sway bar end links.
8 years can play havoc on these components and by now should have been replaced.
Start from there and more info if possible. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The noise comes like both sides I thought with new shocks will be ok but the noise still there it sounds like something its loose plus i havent done the alignment yet.. they might tell me more at the tire shop

Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 68 VW Beetle, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
could be the springs resettling potentially if the struts are new.

weekend racer
Could be several things actually.
Without more information on where the noise is coming from it's hard to track down the problem.
A couple of things I would check since it's a 2012 is both the upper and lower ball joints and the sway bar end links.
8 years can play havoc on these components and by now should have been replaced.
Start from there and more info if possible. 馃憤
no upper ball joints on the veloster due to mcstrut. i was looking at the accent stuff... i'll pm you

Registered
no upper ball joints on the veloster due to mcstrut. i was looking at the accent stuff... i'll pm you
Tie rod has a ball joint which would be considered the upper. 馃槈
Control arm at the knuckle would also have a ball joint as well also considered the lower ball joint.
Hope this helps. 馃憤

Registered
Id check all balljoints but i had this weird noise and a little wobble over potholes a while back before my power steering coupler failed.

I also checked all balljoints to figure out the problem but couldnt find it untill a full 2 months later i got the steering wheel noise.

If the balljoints are ok all around the car and the coupler has never been replaced and you have a squishy steering wheel it might be time to check the coupler or replace it because it would stiffen up steering anyway on high mileage cars

Little edit: if you do decide to open it, just replace the 5 dollar part as its too much work to open it and not replace it.
It shouldnt be a hard job just a long job.

Registered
Tie rod has a ball joint which would be considered the upper. 馃槈
Control arm at the knuckle would also have a ball joint as well also considered the lower ball joint.
Hope this helps. 馃憤
Tie rod "ball joint" is called tie rod end, not upper ball joint.

Registered
Offtopic maybe but in hebrew they just call them "apples" , steering rack apples, knuckle apples etc..
in dutch aswell theres no difference between balljoints or tie rod ends.

Registered
Of course you can crawl under your car and try to wiggle all the connections to reveal any looseness.

But, you don't indicate at all, from where the noise is emanating, like "front" or "back". Left side or right side.

weekend racer
also don't know if he did the work himself or had a shop do it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts