Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DETROIT (AP) — Hyundai has found a new problem that can cause its car engines to fail or catch fire, issuing yet another recall to fix problems that have affected more than 6 million vehicles during the past 3 1/2 years.
The Korean automaker, under pressure from safety regulators, is recalling about 20,000 Veloster cars in the U.S. and Canada because fuel can prematurely ignite in the cylinders around the pistons. That can cause excessive pressure and damage the engine, causing vehicles to stall and in some cases catch fire, according to Hyundai documents posted Friday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The recall, which covers only the 2013 Veloster with 1.6-liter engines, is due to a software problem that has been found only in that model year and not in other Hyundai engines, company spokesman Michael Stewart said. Kia spokesman James Bell did not return messages seeking comment on Friday

[Sounds like LSPI to me]

Read more: https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/hyundai-finds-new-engine-problem-prompting-another-recall?fbclid=IwAR3zBeJ4Bc3ZwdOEVpxue3sTu0_sSGvILdFMMDvCNuXyfaKQd-W2fNDWOVU

·
Registered
2 Posts
Received my recall letter yesterday. Scheduled the work at my local dealer (who is really bad) but was wondering why we can't just do the update ourselves using thumb drives like the previous ones?
Has anyone had this done already? What else does it effect? They never ONLY change 1 thing as we all know.
BTW 2013 Standard Turbo, full electronics package, built October 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received my recall letter yesterday. Scheduled the work at my local dealer (who is really bad) but was wondering why we can't just do the update ourselves using thumb drives like the previous ones?
Has anyone had this done already? What else does it effect? They never ONLY change 1 thing as we all know.
BTW 2013 Standard Turbo, full electronics package, built October 2012.
Just had it done last week. I got told it was a software update to the ecu. They did a before and after test drive and also did a mechanical check if the prior software caused any possible damage. I was warned a possible CEL may appear in a month or two due to this update. It may disappear, if not to bring it back in free of charge as I'm covered by the recall. Makes me scared of what may or may not happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel ya.
My local dealership hasn't done any of the recalls for my vehicle yet and I bought it New from them back in December 2012. I have attempted numerous times to have them work the recalls since 2013 when the first one came out for my Nav system/center console, which is still at the same version it was from the factory. I have used rubberized clear spray paint adhesive to correct the speaker recall and I have gone back to regular air in my tires all because the service manager "Marty" either told me I was lying about the recalls (with paperwork in my hand), or that my speakers sounded fine to him or that there was a $45 dollar surcharge for Nitrogen tire fills. Hence my concern about them doing the current recall work....
I had sent emails to KIA USA but never heard back. Guess it's a good thing I can figure stuff out and handle it myself.
Never had anything like these guys when I had my Honda CRX SI.
I was called into work last week and to put off the update. I've rescheduled for next week. I'll add the experience and outcome.....
Thanks Chilly.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts