Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Veloster Turbo
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Spec-D headlight assembly with Projector, and LED turn signal. The assembly came with the led resistor already hooked up to the LED turn lights, but I am still getting hyper flash. Any one have any ideas on how to fix the issue. I’ve contacted the company I purchased the headlight assembly from, and I they told me “how to reset assembly”, but I’m still having the issue. When I had factory assembly I had LED bulbs for turn signals in front, and back and did not have any issues. Did not need any resistors. Since the front has a resistor now, does that mean the rear ones need one too to prevent hyper flash? The rear LEDs have resistors built into them.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
983 Posts
I recently installed Spec-D headlight assembly with Projector, and LED turn signal. The assembly came with the led resistor already hooked up to the LED turn lights, but I am still getting hyper flash. Any one have any ideas on how to fix the issue. I’ve contacted the company I purchased the headlight assembly from, and I they told me “how to reset assembly”, but I’m still having the issue. When I had factory assembly I had LED bulbs for turn signals in front, and back and did not have any issues. Did not need any resistors. Since the front has a resistor now, does that mean the rear ones need one too to prevent hyper flash? The rear LEDs have resistors built into them.
If the original head lights had led turn signals as there was no hyper flash then the relay network was designed to work for correct signal timing.

Have you tried to bypass the resistors on the new head light assemblies to see how it goes?
Adding a resistive load to an existing working assembly will have the relay network controlling the flash rate see a high resistive load and go into a 'light out mode' causing hyper flash to let the owner know there's a lamp out. It's a common feature on most cars and trucks in the industry.

Keep everything the same but bypass the resistors on the new head lights and see what happens.
No guarantees but hey we're giving it a try, no? 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
Good luck. 🤞👍

·
Registered
2015 Veloster Turbo
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the original head lights had led turn signals as there was no hyper flash then the relay network was designed to work for correct signal timing.

Have you tried to bypass the resistors on the new head light assemblies to see how it goes?
Adding a resistive load to an existing working assembly will have the relay network controlling the flash rate see a high resistive load and go into a 'light out mode' causing hyper flash to let the owner know there's a lamp out. It's a common feature on most cars and trucks in the industry.

Keep everything the same but bypass the resistors on the new head lights and see what happens.
No guarantees but hey we're giving it a try, no? 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
Good luck. 🤞👍
I will try that one I get the car back later today. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts