Veloster Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, after all this - I'd be calling a lawyer. Sorry you had to deal with all this. If nothing else - I'd call Hyundai Home office, tell them whole story - see if they would do something - like give you a new car. I'd threaten to go to a local TV - so they can do a story about this - make it public. That may get things moving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I called the home office, and they basically said since everything is covered that I won't be getting any compensation from Hyundai. They basically said to take it up with the dealer, who basically said they'll hook me up with maintenance and service for a period of time. I just want to trade up to the Turbo V this summer, and I don't want this to affect my trade in value at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A side swipe is nothing, I once witnessed a lot attendant total a brand new Lexus SC430, needless to say he was fired immediately.

Good luck with your problem, I would call Hyundai home office and place a complaint, dealerships get scored on how bad or good they do and if they get to many complaints they will lose there license to sell cars

·
Registered
730 Posts
in order to reset the transmission, one of the steps was that they needed to hold it at 6000RPM for 30 seconds. However, the tech had to keep starting over, so he did this 3 times, for a grand total of (you guessed it!) a minute and a half. Is this even safe?
Won't/Didn't hurt it, so long as the engine was warmed-up first. Hyundai put a rev-limiter on the car @ 6750-odd rpm for a reason (because 8500rpm would probably cause an increase in Warranty claims!).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okay, so new development;

got a call from AllState insurance on Sunday, telling me that they were the insurer of the person that hit my car, not the driver that was in the car. Apparently somebody HIT my car in the parking lot of the dealership.

I don't understand why the dealer has held this from me, and it's making it uneasy. I don't think that they expected AllState to call me, and when they did, they told me the whole story about what happened.

I'm very pissed off at this, and feel lied to, etc, etc... I may get a lawyer with everything that is going on, because, frankly, I feel that this is completely unacceptable and warrants possible legal action.

Do you guys agree?

P.S.: Honestly, the way I look at it, this is going to go on a carfax. My trade in value will diminish, and even if the dealer here forgives it since it was their fault... what happens if I move and decide to trade my car in another state? If I wrecked the car--so be it. But this isn't my fault, and I'm happy with paying a monthly payment for a car that has been in an accident.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, it wasn't the tech test driving the car that caused the body damage, it was somebody hitting your car while it was parked?
Or did it get hit a second time?

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
That whole thing is so damn shady......definitely time to at least consider some legal advise for the whole lie thing maybe, but certainly get to a different service location from now on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Okay, so new development;

got a call from AllState insurance on Sunday, telling me that they were the insurer of the person that hit my car, not the driver that was in the car. Apparently somebody HIT my car in the parking lot of the dealership.

I don't understand why the dealer has held this from me, and it's making it uneasy. I don't think that they expected AllState to call me, and when they did, they told me the whole story about what happened.

I'm very pissed off at this, and feel lied to, etc, etc... I may get a lawyer with everything that is going on, because, frankly, I feel that this is completely unacceptable and warrants possible legal action.

Do you guys agree?

P.S.: Honestly, the way I look at it, this is going to go on a carfax. My trade in value will diminish, and even if the dealer here forgives it since it was their fault... what happens if I move and decide to trade my car in another state? If I wrecked the car--so be it. But this isn't my fault, and I'm happy with paying a monthly payment for a car that has been in an accident.
Get plenty of documents to back up what all has happened. Sounds fishy to me too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, it wasn't the tech test driving the car that caused the body damage, it was somebody hitting your car while it was parked?
Or did it get hit a second time?

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Apparently, yes.. someone else hit my car while a tech was driving it, the person who hit it was another tech maybe, I'm not sure. I have another call in to the agent that called me Sunday to get more info. However, on Sunday, she said she couldn't provide me with any hard copy documents. I'm kind of lost, I may just go to the legal office today on my base and get some help.

There was not a second accident, it was this single incident.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
SO... dealer bought my car back, trade wasn't bad... They traded in my old V for 17,000... I owed something like 16,450 on it. I got a new one, Ironman Silver with Style + Tech for an invoice price of 21,994. 3.44% APR, unfortunately 72 months (but hey... this was my first car). I'm paying $294 a month. I put 1,709 down with some cancelables from the pay off with my ld dealer (gap insurance and a dealer warranty).

I hope they didn't take me to the pound with this deal, but from everything I've looked at it wasn't so bad.

At least I have a damn V now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
SO... dealer bought my car back, trade wasn't bad... They traded in my old V for 17,000... I owed something like 16,450 on it. I got a new one, Ironman Silver with Style + Tech for an invoice price of 21,994. 3.44% APR, unfortunately 72 months (but hey... this was my first car). I'm paying $294 a month. I put 1,709 down with some cancelables from the pay off with my ld dealer (gap insurance and a dealer warranty).

I hope they didn't take me to the pound with this deal, but from everything I've looked at it wasn't so bad.

At least I have a damn V now.
How much did you pay for your first V?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update to my similar (original) situation:

Well my problem came back two days ago and again today. Today it was so bad the car died twice (almost didn't restart one of those times) and would not go above 3,000 rpm in any gear. I called BlueLink from the car as I nursed the car home but they said there were no codes showing up, nothing came in to them from the car. They made an appointment for my local dealer on Tuesday. If they claim they can't find anything I'll point them to the fuel pressure regulator. Speaking of which does anyone have a picture or more information on that part? Who is it made by etc? I ask because I was reading another forum where they found Japanese sourced parts that had salt water corrosion in them causing the internal electronics to fail. The supposition was that the parts were underwater during the Tsunami but later dried out and shipped off to the car manufacturer in question (Not a Japanese maker) and used in their cars on the assembly line. I don't know if Hyundai sources the fuel pressure regulators from Japan or not, but would be interesting to tear into one and see if the issue is salt water corrosion or simple random failure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My best advice is to tell the dealership, KEEP YOUR CAR. Don't let them tel you there is nothing wrong, that's what they did to me. Tell them you want a loaner.

This is a serious safety issue! If your car dies in the middle of the road, it could cause an accident.

Hopefully your issue doesn't end up as mine did; I did end up with a new car, but it was a complete mess of a situation!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well good news is that on the way to the dealer this morning it threw a code and they determined that the high pressure fuel pump is bad. They are overnighting the part and fixing it tomorrow and in the mean time they gave me a loaner Sonata to drive around. I don't know if the fuel pressure regulator is part of the pump or not but they said it was my pump that was bad. If I check blue link will it show me the actual code that was tripped?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was able to get a blueLink operator to tell me what code mine had thrown, but others have not had the same luck. But if your car is at the dealership's service department, they can give you the code. Just tell them you'd like to know the actual code, they should tell you. My paperwork from the service department even has the codes listed on it.

Now, keep in mind that some codes indicate a general area of trouble, and that it may encompass more than one specific part. The code tells them where to look, but there are often test procedures for the listed code(s) that isolate the actual failed component.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd tell them that you're going to have the car appraised for value before and after their oops. They'll then have the choice of paying you the difference or can defend themselves in small claims court. Their other choice is to replace the vehicle.

I mean, you're not going back there, right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely call your insurance company and ask for diminished value, it's a new car and you did not cause the damage, happened to me and Geico gave me $2000 check + paid all damage....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! First: This pertains to a 2012 DCT Tranny

So I just need some input on some problems I'm having with my V, my dealership has been terrible at diagnosing my problems (You have no problem!). Here is what I've gone through, and if anyone else has had these problems, please let me know, because I'm freaking out right now!

So.. it starts off about a month ago; About a week after I PCS'd to my new base (I'm in the Air Force), I was driving home from work at about 30MPH when my car shuttered suddenly. No gear shifting, no acceleration, just a steady 30MPH. It was almost the feeling you get when you run out of fuel. I ignored this as a glitch, wrote it off for the next month until yesterday:

Wife and I are driving home from dinner going about 55-60MPH, and my V started the same shutter/hesitation. Didn't think anything of it until it happend again 30 seconds later, and happened one more time after that. Decided I would take the V into the dealership today, so I drove wife's car (boo!) to work. She decided that she would run to the commissary for some grub, and on the way back the V did the same shutter/hesitation. She freaked out and went immediately home. While she was pulling into the driveway, the V stalled/shut off completely. Electrically still on, but the engine cut out.

I picked the car up to bring to the shop, and on the way the car stalled in the middle of the road (which I assumed is the same stall that happened to her in the driveway).

I get to the dealership, they plug in the error code reader, and nothing pops. They tell me it's a glitch, and nothing to worry about, which I know is BS, BS, BS. The car reported no error, but that doesn't mean something is not wrong. They sent me packing.

I have a new call in with the service manager, and I need to see if anyone else has had these problems so maybe I can narrow this down and get my poor sick V repaired.

Thanks for reading my wall of text, but I really appreciate it!

TL;DR: Veloster feels like it's running out of gas when driving, has stalled a couple times in the middle of the road. Dealership read nothing with error reader, I know they're wrong, and I need help.
Check air clogged check your cat

·
weekend racer
7,555 Posts
Yknow this thread is over 7 years old ?

Reactions: Ricketts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts