Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 turbo ultimate is my goal but just now learning the transmission problems as I love manual but I have a bad left leg cant do a clutch. So dct is my option. Hoping 2020 is the year they've addressed all DCT issues.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The last DCT issue/problem was in the 2016 model and that was Gen 1. You should be good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading for 3 hours using search function couldn't really find any recent issues for the dct. I've read that I have to drive it different than a standard auto does the owners manual explain that in detail? I love this car and I'll buy one soon I'm excited

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been reading for 3 hours using search function couldn't really find any recent issues for the dct. I've read that I have to drive it different than a standard auto does the owners manual explain that in detail? I love this car and I'll buy one soon I'm excited
I doubt the Manual tells much more than how to use the different driving mode functions. Rolling stops might be harder to do or feel weirder in a DCT. You can put it into manual shift mode though and take more control over the car in moments like these. I drive around in manual all the time in my gen1 for this reason. Oh and inching up is not recommended in a dct car. Imagine a manual transmission and someone just letting the clutch in and out as they inch up. It will wear out just the same. I'm sure it is mostly unnoticeable though and I have heard nothing about recalls after 2016 either. Welcome and please share some pics when you get your car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yea I have read about not creeping in the dct v so I think I can handle that thanks so much for the info.

·
weekend racer
7,661 Posts
nice, hopefully your leg holds out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts