Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Veloster with the Style package is the wiring already there since i have blue link on my current mirror?
The issue is not the wiring. That is already there. The problem is power. You need to tap into power via the moonroof or the light, depending on your model. Doing that would require the roof liner to come down which is the probably the most difficult part. My suggestion is go to your local dealer and have them order and install. Should run under $300. I am probably going to do it at the next oil change.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I guess I'm lucky. My V came with this auto dimming mirror factory installed. And I told the dealer I didn't need it so it came off the price of the car when we made the deal but they said just keep it. Too much trouble to take it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mine is functional and only required taking down the maplight... now mine is an adapted sonata mirror and my compass & auto-dim only work at night when my headlights are on (due to the power line I tapped into) but it fully works and installs easily in minutes....

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 veloster

Does the new 2013 models come with the bluelink / homelink / compass / auto-dim rear view mirror. I bought a 2013 model fully loaded with tech and style, but they had to order it from over seas. I hope I have the homelink with it automatically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2013 with Style but not Tech and it only had the Bluelink stuff. Not sure what you'll get though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not had my map light down, yet. But my logic would tell me the map lights have 2 power(+) wires going to them. One is controled by the vehicle (opening and closing the door, fade out after start-up, etc.) and the other going to the switches on the light assemblies that have power when the ignition is on. If so, using the supply wire to the switch would allow your mirror to be powered when ever the ignition is on.

Anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram??

Mine is functional and only required taking down the maplight... now mine is an adapted sonata mirror and my compass & auto-dim only work at night when my headlights are on (due to the power line I tapped into) but it fully works and installs easily in minutes....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I don't find it online anywhere, but there is now a Veloster specific part number available for models with Bluelink. 2V062-ADU00 - it now is also being offered as a Port Installed Option for $250.
I just bought this and having it installed by the dealer as I don't have the proper tools and would like to have it warrantied for 12 months.

·
Registered
230 Posts
this looks awesome! I have never seen the blue link or home link buttons before, its not something we have in australia. can anyone confirm for me, installing this on a car without bluelink i assume the button just wont do anything, and how hard is it to get the home link buttons to open your garage door/gate? does it work with all remotes or just some?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm bumping because I'd like to know...

I have a Canadian V with not even a basic dimming mirror, so is this still possible to do, wiring wise?

Or is it best to let my dealer do it?
+1, been looking for this as well. I have enough issues with light in my eyes in the dark, so this would go a long to helping safety for my nightly driving needs.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Why don't you guys just run the wire down the drivers A-pillar and tap the wiring for accessory under the dash so you don't have to mess around in the headliner finding a wire? Seems like that would be a lot simpler and quicker solution. Most any car audio shop would be able to do that for you for a very minimal fee.

·
Registered
303 Posts
this looks awesome! I have never seen the blue link or home link buttons before, its not something we have in australia. can anyone confirm for me, installing this on a car without bluelink i assume the button just wont do anything, and how hard is it to get the home link buttons to open your garage door/gate? does it work with all remotes or just some?
Sorry, homelink doesn't work in Australia.

I bought one for an Outlander I had, I soon found out that the frequency programmed into the homelink is different than Aussie Remote Door Openers. No matter what I tried it was impossible to change the frequency.

I have just bought a gentex compass auto dim mirror, it's coming from the USA.

The bloke I get them from sells on ebay, he gets salvaged mirrors, checks and repairs them and supplies a new harness etc for the install, only cost about $110.00 and that included Express post. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ddave57/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

I installed one in a Forester I had and it worked great.

Just trying to work out the installation via the dome light, there only appears to be two mirror wires, power and ground.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just got my mirror from the US and I have a CDN V tech.

It came with everything I need to install but I am wondering if there is already a harness under the roof liner that this plugs into?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just want the dang thing for a garage door opener. VT with bluelink already, gonna have to toss the question to my dealer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have one of these mirrors on my V and had the home link model on my Outlander.

Home Link does not work in Australia as our auto garage doors run on a different frequency and it can't be changed, so, it does not work with any remotes.

I use the auto dim and compass bit.

A bloke on ebay in the USA sells used ones, they are tested ect and are as new.

I wired it to the dome light, the auto dim led and compass do not go off when I turn off the ign. However, you can switch them off manually via a button on the mirror.

The mirror uses bugga all power, I have not had any battery problems.

Just another gadget.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Veloster Turbo Ultimate Package. The only thing that does not come with the ultimate package was the auto dimming mirror with homelink. I saw a post somewhere that the auto dimming mirror with homelink requires a special windshield mounting post and that it would not be an easy swap with the mirror provided with the ultimate package. I am comfortable with the wiring portion of the upgrade but I am a little concerned about the mounting post.

Any feedback is appreciated. Pictures?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Went to Hyundai and they can't install the auto dimming mirror.

Apparently the mirror I bought from the US won't work on the Canadian V.

Missing a harness to connect and it doesn't exist in the Canadian V.

Looks like I got an auto dimming mirror for sale if anyone is interested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 40 of 42 Posts