Veloster Forum banner

1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long Island, NY. I bought my 2015 Base Veloster from a dealership that was using it as a service loaner. Someone had backed into a poll so the rear bumper needed to be repaired but they agreed to fix it. It had 3,874 miles on it and I paid $12,995 on 3/8/2016 and they repaired the bumper a week later.

This particular Veloster has been giving me trouble since I got it, see https://www.veloster.org/threads/is-it-cursed.90255/ for more details, but I still love driving it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought it last year. 2013 Veloster Turbo, 45k miles $14,500. Many issues related to suspension and chassis, Carfax showed no collision damage, but the vehicle was driven in NY City. That's about as bad as having collision on the record. :LOL:.
Right now I'm working on a persisting vibration I can't get rid of, already a new set of wheels and tires, alignment done twice, balancing twice. Neither of those are the cause. I'm leaning towards tie-rod ends and lower control arms, I'm pretty sure the previous owner beat the heck out of the suspension on those beautiful roads in the city. Will be replacing tie rods, it doesn't hurt for $20 a piece, and lower control arms in the future. It's not bad, but just annoying, it only happens above 60mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2013 MT for $9100. 84,000 miles in decent shape. Not sure what the packages are called, but it has all the extras and the full panoramic roof. Ironman Silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like the title says, let's just keep this thread to how much you paid or how much the dealer offered you the Veloster. Please include where you are from, what dealership, how much you were offered and/or how much you paid for the veloster, and of course which model/color you got, maybe even anything they threw in for free.
Just bought a 2012 Veloster with 88000 for $4200. Car was in amazing condition.

Attachments

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
And a tech package at that! Manual I hope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, first post on here as I recently became a Veloster owner. I am a Hyundai dealership tech of 8 years. A customer hit a deer and took their 12 Veloster to the body shop. The body shop sent it to us for a transmission issue. It had a damaged clutch actuator. The customer's insurance paid them cash instead of doing the repair. I called the customer upon hearing it was not going to be repaired and likely sent to a junkyard. I offered him $500 for it. He accepted the offer and brought the title. I have spent around $1500 on repairs and have taken care of any issues I could find. Total cost would be around $2,000

Here's a pic!

2012 Veloster - non-turbo sadly.
Veloster.jpeg

I have recently painted the gas cap and door handles black as well as replaced the missing roof trims near the tops of the A-pillars, also painted black.
Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to install a backup camera into the factory head unit. If anyone has information on that I would appreciate it. I've seen a few posts about it, but all are old and have broken links.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2015 Turbo (manufacture date was 11/29/2014) in February 2018 at Carmax Auto Sales in Norcross, GA. 43000 actual miles , balance of factory warrant, ,leather and all the appropriate factcory toys, though an automatic. Price $15,549 + taxes, tags and fees, no trade. Orange/black.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought my 2016 Hyundai Veloster TECH base model with 63,XXX miles on it, last week. Traded in my 2005 Ford Focus with a horribly leaking power steering rack and AC issues for $500 and put $2,000 cash down. They offered $500 because they pulled the CarFax and it had 7 previous owners, false reported miles, and a salvaged title which none of this I was aware of beforehand. The total amount I got the NAV was for is a little over $10,000. CarFax has an excellent record with no collisions etc.

However, once I drove it back home AZ from TX, I noticed the driver side fender/rocker panel has a dent upwards along with the wheel having a dent in it too as if someone previously ran over a curb. It also has curb rash on the wheels along with paint chips I ended up touching up myself. I also have the passenger side SRS light on. Other than that, they did all new Toyo tires and windshield wipers.

The car runs awesome and it was a fun ride back home from Texas.

1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts